What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Superbands, titans or standard?

huggers

Site Supporter
Alias
Andy Hug
Thinking about putting some new flipper bands on Maiden. What do people prefer? I've used supers a fair bit and find them slightly less bouncy, not necessarily a bad thing. But yeah, any thoughts?

Hate standard rubber.
Use Superbands on all games. Like their longevity & easy to wipe clean. Bounce isn’t all that great.
Haven’t tried Titan’s, would like to - is there a Eu/UK supplier?

Without a doubt Superbands are less bouncy than standard flipper rubber.

On my TAF a ball kicked out from the chair will bounce from left to right flipper with ease with standard rubber.

With Superband fitted it will *just* make it over.

I like the look and longevity of Supers but you have to accept the hit on 'bounce'.... Suppose it depends on your play style.

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk

I'm not sure superbands would suit my play any more. I used to use them on all my games but now I'm over in Sweden it makes more sense to take a 10 minute tube to play the 15 machines they have down the road. They all have standard rubber. I use that bounce quite a lot. It will be interesting how i get on back on superbands

Hi Andy..Titans all the way for us! The bounce is very similar to a standard rubber when new, maybe a bit bouncier, , just the bounce stays consistent for much longer than a standard, supers not bouncy enough ...all my customers love them on there rebuilds.... we got stock of titan clears, reds, blues, and light purple.post rubbers in most colours..if you fancy any of those colours.....also heather at titan is super helpful...
Highly recommended by new forest pinball... (not that anyone cares.....) cheers Keith....here's a few examples.....light purple rubbers,posts,and flipper rubbers titan. Bdk...
IMG_3534.JPG
Rfm...titan gitd.........coloured posts and flipper rubbers....all titan....
IMG_3438.JPG
Titan reds....black knight.....
IMG_3286.JPG

Last edited:
Cheers Keith, I'll shoot you a text later once I've worked out which colour would look cool. I'm thinking maybe purple...!

I also have these as an option

https://pinparts.co.uk/products/s5u8jqvfnc

If be interested to hear the thoughts of anyone that has bought and tried these out.

Hi Andy, @pinballmania
We have bought loads of these off you, we use them in place of superbands for three reasons...
1). Price.
2). They are very stretchy and fast to fit.
3). Easy to wipe clean.
4). Have a similar feel to standard rubbers , but stay bouncier for longer.
5). Great choice of colour.
6). Good to buy in the uk if possible.......:thumbs::)
Oh and FYI just done a collection of 6 machines and used these on all of them in different colours...customer said he only wanted them if they played the same as original rubbers..(as he loved the colours) very happy with the results....k.

Last edited:
Got TITAN glow on my FT - like them a lot.

Sometimes a TITAN package gets through free of customs - other times not so lucky:mad:

I've got superbands on all of mine and have no problem with bounce pass:)

Hmm, yes and I've played your games and they were ok. When I tried super bands, I found the bounce really small and often the ball would just drip down the flipper and drain. With titan no such issue. Maybe folks flogging crap as super bands?

Back
Top Bottom