What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Suggestion : Splitting For Sale Machines and Parts?

Paul

Staff member
Alias
Toibs
Hi everyone :)

Was going through and marking some old "for sale" posts as sold (Since the original Posters had forgotten or did not know how to update them. Noticed that there was a large mix of both in the same place, and as the site gets larger it would probably benefit from splitting these into "Machines Wanted/For Sale/for Trade" and "Psrts Wanted/For Sale/for Trade".

Anyone any suggestions, or disagreements to this??

Cheers
Paul

I'd welcome this - the thread can get busy at times, although currently the 'machines for sale' might not be so busy !

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Already under way. Newer posts have been moved - Older ones to be done over the coming days :D

Worth having a Facebook / Gumtree catagory of stuff for sale too? Separate from the eBay one?

A 'market' thread containing an automatic (weekly) post listing all active for sale/wanted threads with links to original post would be useful. That could flag all the originators to prompt them to close their threads also deter duplication and unnecessary wanted ad's.

Not a bad idea by any stretch I guess it depends on how people use the forum? I know that I generally just look at the new and updated posts and scroll through all of them. Is this the norm or do most people go straight to the for sale section etc? If so they are missing a wonderful world of badger posts and obscene gifs for dodgy dr dan.;)

Lol - it used to be quiet enough to have all in one section, however imo it was getting cluttered in there so much better to split the two out.
Did consider sub forum for each manufacturer, however there can be a large crossover of parts, so decided against it :)

Reactions: JT.
Are all the machines in the for sale/trade still actually for sale ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have updated most for the last 2-3 years where it was clear if they were sold. The ones labelled as 'for sale' now may well still be!!!

as the site gets larger it would probably benefit from splitting these into "Machines Wanted/For Sale/for Trade" and "Parts Wanted/For Sale/for Trade". Anyone any suggestions, or disagreements to this?? Cheers, Paul

you're the boss dude, so do it if you want. personally i can't see the point so long as thread titles make sense. it's not like anyone is gonna confuse a ramp for a pinball machine.

cleaning up the last few years into sold and still for sale was a huge public service you did there though, many thanks for that. i expect a lot of folks with un-updated sale threads are gonna be getting a bunch of PMs and asked if their game is still for sale at that 2015 price.

I wondered why these had been split into 2 categories, I thought I'd gone mental and they'd always been like that :cuckoo::cuckoo:

Good idea to split IMHO. If you are in the market for a pin, you don't want notifications of other stuff being sold.

Back
Top Bottom