What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Style changes...

Paul

Staff member
Alias
Toibs
Evening :)

So - i was looking at the discussion here : http://www.pinballinfo.com/community/threads/black.23772/
(I read most bits even if i dont take part!).

I have, for a while, wanted to have an identical Style available in both dark and light.
I also need to upgrade the existing dark style to the latest release, and in this instance I will probably need to remove it and re-build it, which may take a few days.

So, I have spent most part of the weekend (other than a few bits and pieces on the review engine), Setting up a style that is available in both Dark AND light, and is for the most part identical.

I propose to switch people from the Old dark to the new dark style tomorrow evening, and then advise once the old one is done and back - and you can then choose whatever style you prefer :)

If you want to take a look beforehand - they are online now.... Select "Pinballinfo Light" or "Pinballinfo Dark" (no hyphen between pinball and dark)...

Functionality is the same.... :)

If you're not sure how to change the style, scroll all the way tot he bottom of ANY page, and click on the current style....

upload_2015-7-12_21-55-45.png

a box will appear with the Available styles to you... Click one to try it out :)

Apologies for mucking people about, however once it's sorted then it will be automatic from this point onwards

Cheers
Paul

The dark one looks good, apart it's hard to see the red colour that shows there's new forum posts to read in the top bar because it's similar to the new orange colour scheme. But other than that, looks cool.

like the new theme. HOWEVER... I still struggle to ignore the purple ball in the logo - i've spent many years at work trying to ensure the things that go out onscreen are the correct aspect ratio - that ball is definitely not right. :mad:

like the new theme. HOWEVER... I still struggle to ignore the purple ball in the logo - i've spent many years at work trying to ensure the things that go out onscreen are the correct aspect ratio - that ball is definitely not right. :mad:

Lol - no, thats where it has been streched to fit :D Guilty as charged!

I seem to no longer be able to see posters locations under their avatar. Is that intentional or a setting somewhere I need to enable?

Like the new theme @Paul! I like the new Light theme too except that I think the header and footer bars should change to being pale too. Something like this:

upload_2015-7-14_16-52-9.png

Only criticism for the Dark theme is the hyperlink colour in the Alerts pop-out menu. The darkish grey on dark grey background is hard to see, especially with the change in background colour on hover:

upload_2015-7-14_16-33-4.png

I'd change the current rgb(81, 79, 79) to something a little paler, say around rgb(128, 128, 128):

upload_2015-7-14_16-44-32.png

Colours are good on the Light version, but I'd ditch the slight transparency on both:

upload_2015-7-14_16-35-5.png

Keep up the great work!

@Paul great work on the new Style but have we lost the 'View Recent' which appeared when you have 0 New Posts.

Edit. Take that back, I didn't notice it with the new highlighting. Excellent!

Hi Paul, just noticed something I thought might come under this thread:
upload_2015-7-15_11-7-54.png

The gap in between the 2 posts has some text but you can't read it on the dark background - see when i highlight it:

upload_2015-7-15_11-7-16.png

Cheers!

Kate

Original dark style now available again as "Pinballinfo - Black" :)

Sorry for the inconvenience.

I'll leave the Dark one as default...

Cheers
Paul

Great work Paul. The navigation icon top right is nifty and drop down on Home icon.

upload_2015-7-27_10-23-37.png

New style looks sharp! Could maybe do with a refreshed logo to match, sorry to say my Photoshop skills are far from up to it though. ;)

Back
Top Bottom