What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sold Stupidly cheap shaker motor kits

Installed my shaker motor today but for the life of me i cant find the brown cable in the back to connect it to. Can it go anywhere else?Alsop, not sure if the red goes to this one at the front, it doesn’t quite fit.
Any advice welcome.

Attachments

• AC4625B7-162A-47A3-A050-0FF8F184A25B.jpeg
    AC4625B7-162A-47A3-A050-0FF8F184A25B.jpeg
    88.4 KB · Views: 21
Thanks, I will have another look, I had to come away because I also installed color DMD today which is amazing and i’m Getting the evils off the missus

With spiderman I believe it is different to the other Stern SAM games in that both wires are right near where you install the shaker. I've got one for my spiderman but haven't had a proper look at installing it yet

Thanks, would love confirmation, as time is of the essence as always

Ok I've just tested mine tonight in the Spider-Man. Not fitted it as I need 4x Tnuts, but just held it down whilst spinning it up in test mode. There is a 7 way connector in the cabinet next to where you install the shaker. The plug on the shaker has a 5 way connector so you just plug it into the middle making sure black goes to black and red goes to red:thumbs:

Ok I've just tested mine tonight in the Spider-Man. Not fitted it as I need 4x Tnuts, but just held it down whilst spinning it up in test mode. There is a 7 way connector in the cabinet next to where you install the shaker. The plug on the shaker has a 5 way connector so you just plug it into the middle making sure black goes to black and red goes to red:thumbs:
Thanks for the info, i will have a look over the holidays when I get a chance,
Regards, Tom

Still struggling :(. No 7 way connector and no single red near plumb bob, cant fin brown either in back of cab.
Can see that a
+ve and -ve near plumb have been cut and connected directly to a counter in the door, deffo a rough mod not done by Stern.
Could that be the supply?
Anywhere else it can be connected in the machine without blowing myself up, or the machine?

aah so the wirings been altered. you need 12v from any source. you can either use the counter or 12v from the acessory socket by the fuse box front right. Next trace the wire from the shaker transistor (you'll need to look in the manual) it'll be something like Jx-xx, this is the ground you need, the black wire needs connecting to this.
Hope that helps.

Hi, Thanks for the info, so just to clarify, Red to Red either on counter or accessory socket and Black to shaker transistor connector, i assume, is that correct? Only 2 wires on my shaker and no circuit board as its for a spidey Thanks, Tom

Remove the splitter cable from the shaker motor leaving just the 5 way connector.

The connector in the cabinet you are looking for is this one red/white and brown/purple:

20171223_203028_resize_20171223_204320.jpg

Then connect it to the shaker motor plug like this:

20171223_203059_resize_20171223_204320.jpg

It all sits in the machine like this:

20171223_203120_resize_20171223_204318.jpg

Remove the splitter cable from the shaker motor leaving just the 5 way connector.

The connector in the cabinet you are looking for is this one red/white and brown/purple:

View attachment 56412

Then connect it to the shaker motor plug like this:

View attachment 56411

It all sits in the machine like this:

View attachment 56413
Thank you so much for taking the time to show this in detail.
Can’t get near Spidey now for a couple of days, but i did see that connector,
Regards, Tom

Yikes :( Is that something that will show up in diagnostics do I need to dig the multimeter out?

I have 1 kit. There will be no further kits for wpc. Board only £50 plus postage full kit £100 plus £6 post or can bring to tilt launch party on the 20th

Back
Top Bottom