What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

STTNG Launch Plunger Power

Wizards_Hat

Registered
Just getting my STTNG ready to take to the show & I've been trying to improve the power of the plunger launch. On my TNG it's always been a bit weak and a little variable. Recently it's been so weak it won't make it into the hole at the back of the playfield...kinda spoils gameplay a bit.

I've read in the past about ensuring it's aligned with the ramp properly, but I can't figure how to make sure that's so - there's nothing to adjust...either on the plunger mechanism or the ramp.

Today I've swapped over the coil with one of the gun popper coils - made no difference - so I've elimated the coil as the problem.

Any ideas appreciated.

Regards,

Dan.

Wizards_Hat' date=' post: 1663741 said:
but I can't figure how to make it so

Corrected your quote for you at least
tongue-1.png

Success relies on the pin being levelled properly. Then follow the line of the habitrail, and make sure it isn't obstructed where it runs next to the lower trail. Then check and adjust the point of delivery into the top right loop. The feed out can be adjusted left or right. Finally make sure that the drop target is neither to low, or too high when in the down position.

pinballmania' date=' post: 1663746 said:
Success relies on the pin being levelled properly. Then follow the line of the habitrail, and make sure it isn't obstructed where it runs next to the lower trail. Then check and adjust the point of delivery into the top right loop. The feed out can be adjusted left or right. Finally make sure that the drop target is neither to low, or too high when in the down position.

You know I think that this part of the forum "Technical Questions & Help", should just be renamed "Ask Andy" - Andy...you were spot on. Appears I've been playing this game at far too steep an angle for over 10 years!!

Adjusted it "properly", and now the catapult is beautifully smooth (& powerful).

Seems like a totally different game though...much easier
wink-1.png

Thanks,

Dan.

Wizards_Hat' date=' post: 1663748 said:
You know I think that this part of the forum "Technical Questions & Help", should just be renamed "Ask Andy" - Andy...you were spot on. Appears I've been playing this game at far too steep an angle for over 10 years!!

Adjusted it "properly", and now the catapult is beautifully smooth (& powerful).

Seems like a totally different game though...much easier
wink-1.png

Thanks,

Dan.

Glad to see you got it sorted.

Now you just have to learn the gameplay at the right angle. :confused:

Back
Top Bottom