What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

straight replacement backbox speakers for a Stern WhiteStar era game (e.g. LOTR)

Monkeyboypaul

Site Supporter
Alias
Paul G
Does anyone know of some tried and tested replacements for the backbox speakers on a Stern WhiteStar game please? Mine have corroded a little bit and i'd prefer to replacement them if cost effective.

They're 8 Ohms! Not sure of the Wattage...

IMG_1834.JPGIMG_1833.JPGIMG_1832.JPG

Last edited:
Just installed the pinballPro ones and they sound great. Rattling glass (game and house windows) now a real issue at just volume 18!

Hi Paul,
We stock stern identical spec. Speakers as sold by rs components here
https://uk.rs-online.com/web/p/products/4318456/?grossPrice=Y&cm_mmc=UK-PLA-DS3A-_-google-_-PLA_UK_EN_Office_Supplies-_-Speakers_And_Components|Speaker_Drivers-_-PRODUCT+GROUP&matchtype=&aud-358527060186:pla-422422188204&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI1rHp94uO3gIV0ed3Ch1M-wzvEAQYASABEgIXfPD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds these match the stern ones but are slightly more powerful but similar in sound quality.*..if you use a 4ohm speaker it is best to change the wiring from parallel to series as the resistance will potentially damage your power I.c. If you want a pair £20.00 plus £4.50 postage.
Cheers Keith.
*footnote 4ohm upgraded speakers have a greater frequency range and improve the sound quality impressively...if you do not turn it up really loud the sound board will cope with the change in impedance......

Last edited:
Hi Paul,
We stock stern identical spec. Speakers as sold by rs components here
https://uk.rs-online.com/web/p/products/4318456/?grossPrice=Y&cm_mmc=UK-PLA-DS3A-_-google-_-PLA_UK_EN_Office_Supplies-_-Speakers_And_Components|Speaker_Drivers-_-PRODUCT+GROUP&matchtype=&aud-358527060186:pla-422422188204&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI1rHp94uO3gIV0ed3Ch1M-wzvEAQYASABEgIXfPD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds these match the stern ones but are slightly more powerful but similar in sound quality.*..if you use a 4ohm speaker it is best to change the wiring from parallel to series as the resistance will potentially damage your power I.c. If you want a pair £20.00 plus £4.50 postage.
Cheers Keith.
*footnote 4ohm upgraded speakers have a greater frequency range and improve the sound quality impressively...if you do not turn it up really loud the sound board will cope with the change in impedance......

Hi,

So, just for my own clarity, you sell the exact same spec, and would work as now - as loud as I fancy blasting the sound?

and RS only sell a similar spec? Which would work but with a little caution?

Cheers,
Paul.

Back
Top Bottom