What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wanted Stern Star Trek Pro Vengeance Nacelle LEDs

stevefrith

Site Supporter
Does anyone know where I can buy the small blue LEDs for the Vengeance Ship on the Star Trek? All I can find online are mods! See pic

Attachments

• thumbnail_IMG_0110.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_0110.jpg
    117.2 KB · Views: 43
If the online manual doesn’t tell you/list the parts.

Ask @Zitt over on pinside the guy knows the ins and outs of Sterns Star Trek better then most.
Cheers for the steer, no the manual only lists standard playing field bulbs unfortunately

I don't have specific experience with the Nacelle LEDs in Stern Star Trek.
You will need to take it apart if the schematics do not have the information.

I'm about 90% sure the LEDS are standard 5mm Blue LEDs available nearly everywhere including Amazon Prime and Ebay.
There is probably a series voltage dropping resistor which plugs into the standard GI circuit on the game.

I don't have specific experience with the Nacelle LEDs in Stern Star Trek.
You will need to take it apart if the schematics do not have the information.

I'm about 90% sure the LEDS are standard 5mm Blue LEDs available nearly everywhere including Amazon Prime and Ebay.
There is probably a series voltage dropping resistor which plugs into the standard GI circuit on the game.
Thank you, that's helpful :)

Thanks Neil..

Pic attached - is the bulb removed just by pulling it out? I don't want to cock it up as it's a lovely mint HUO machine..

Attachments

• thumbnail_IMG_0117.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_0117.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 26
Highly doubt it.
When I had mine apart for the Nacelle Mod install; I specifically remember the LED assembles were a hot glue mess. So; no - I don't think it's going to be an easy swap. If both are out; you might do yourself a favor and trace thru the game. I'd be more inclined to believe you have a missed plug or something.

Highly doubt it.
When I had mine apart for the Nacelle Mod install; I specifically remember the LED assembles were a hot glue mess. So; no - I don't think it's going to be an easy swap. If both are out; you might do yourself a favor and trace thru the game. I'd be more inclined to believe you have a missed plug or something.
Can't understand why Stern make it difficult for a simple task like swapping out an LED but like you say it could be something else that's causing it to fail.

Can't understand why Stern make it difficult for a simple task like swapping out an LED but like you say it could be something else that's causing it to fail.
have you checked the cable that runs down the back left of the enterprise? the ship movement can cause it to rub and snap. It's unlikely an LED will fail, more likely the connection/connector than the LED.

have you checked the cable that runs down the back left of the enterprise? the ship movement can cause it to rub and snap. It's unlikely an LED will fail, more likely the connection/connector than the LED.
Thanks Paul I'll take a look

Thanks Paul I'll take a look
Check on pinside Steve in the ST thread I’m sure there’s a key post regarding the connection snagging or breaking to the nacelle LEDs, like Zitt said above if both are out that’s unusual for LEDs to both die.

Back
Top Bottom