What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stern SpiderMan - keeps forgetting balls and freegame settings

Biff

Site Supporter
Alias
****a
Hi

I changed the battery for one in my working Iron Man, swapped them over. The problem stays with Spider man and iron Man continues to work okay.

Any ideas? I assume this is just going to be bad contact on the battery holder or dry joint somewhere to a RAM somewhere?

High scores stay the dame oddly enough.

Any ideas please?

Cheers

JB

Trace the path of the battery voltage and check it with a multimeter. Make sure the volts are getting to their destination.

why are the scores not being lost though?
Don't know mate. But it would give you a starting point to try and find out what is happening. I haven't had any Stern SAM problems yet so have done no repair work on any of my games.
Have a search through the archives on Pinside.

I sent the query to Stern. Tech support say it sounds like a faulty Ram Chip. I need to contact a local supplier and get them to fix it. Seen on another thread on the yahoo group U11 or U19, cant recall exactly right now.

So who fixes these PCBs? @philpalmer is this something you can help with please? It doesn't happen often. Guy oi bought it off said it lost info once, it happend to me once a few weeks ago then yesterday happend three times in a row and has not happend since.

Cheers

JB

sounds stupid... try disconnecting the power to the flo tube for a day or two and see...

Phil. I have taken the starter out, should be enough right? I assume you are thinking the inductive action of the choke could be what is causing the loss?

Cheers

JB

Back
Top Bottom