What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stern Harry Potter???

Tilt_Birmingham

Site Supporter
Alias
Kirk
Unless there is some serious Bromance going at Stern for them to vacation together... Or could this be a hint they have landed Harry
Potter License...
b13a6cb4cf6691225e799b2b5c12361d2f9c5244.jpg

Doubt it'll happen either, that just looks like a holiday. JK likes everything to be British made when it comes to HP.

Heighway were probably the only people who could have made it happen, but we all know how that story turned out. :(

It’s already been tried but jk is massively anti gambling and sees a pinball as gambling so I don’t think you will see any Harry Potter stuff ever in the amusement industry

I reckon they were over in CA on other business, decided to stop at Universal for fun, and thought they'd mess with us while they were at it! I'd love to see it happen but really doubt it for the reasons Chris mentions above.

That's the pretend Harry Potter place at Universal. Maybe if they were spotted at Warner Studios in Leavesden there might be more grounds for rumours...

That's the pretend Harry Potter place at Universal. Maybe if they were spotted at Warner Studios in Leavesden there might be more grounds for rumours...

I've been to the Studio Tour at Leavesden once and visited Universal Orlando many times and the Orlando setup is much, much more immersive and impressive. If I was designing anything related to HP I know which one I'd visit for inspiration...

Doubt it'll happen either, that just looks like a holiday. JK likes everything to be British made when it comes to HP.

Heighway were probably the only people who could have made it happen, but we all know how that story turned out. :(

That theory is flawed she has been raking it in with all the multiple Harry Potter worlds being built at all the universal parks + all the expansions lol. Not to nit pick but.....

That theory is flawed she has been raking it in with all the multiple Harry Potter worlds being built at all the universal parks + all the expansions lol. Not to nit pick but.....

Butterbeer was conceived and first made in Edinburgh.
All parts of the park had to be run past her for approval by Universal.

She seriously has a MASSIVE scope of control, and yes, will be raking it in.

And, yes, she DOES like as much of it to originate from, or be strongly linked to the uk.... Sorry but @PeteB is correct...

And, yes, she DOES like as much of it to originate from, or be strongly linked to the uk.... Sorry but @PeteB is correct...

But all the building and rides etc didn’t originate from the uk so I disagree lol. Butter beer which is vile doesn’t make up the whole park

Yep this is true. I had a backstage tour of Universal's HP land when it opened in 2010 and the guys from Universal Creative said that all of the merchandise, including Butterbeer, was being shipped over from Scotland on a weekly basis. Much of the area and ride theming was taken from the designs used for the film sets, so again it was 90% designed in the UK. Apparently even the staff costumes are made here too.

Tremendous faff one may think, but for Universal it's nothing. The increase in attendance and revenue they got from using the Harry Potter IP put them firmly up against Disney - which is why Disney have sh!t their pants and started splashing out for things like Avatar Land, Star Wars Land etc. Great for any of us lot wanting to go for a holiday in Florida mind you, as there's never been a better time when Disney and Universal are going at each other hell for leather. The quality of attractions over there surpasses expections every time.

Some other photos that Keith has posted in his FB page, are these the next 5 games?

God help us if he posts a pic coming out of Starbucks ?

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1539857832159.jpg
    FB_IMG_1539857832159.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 9
  • FB_IMG_1539857840279.jpg
    FB_IMG_1539857840279.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 9
  • FB_IMG_1539857862399.jpg
    FB_IMG_1539857862399.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 9
  • FB_IMG_1539857877876.jpg
    FB_IMG_1539857877876.jpg
    102.9 KB · Views: 9
  • FB_IMG_1539857950397.jpg
    FB_IMG_1539857950397.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 9
Well there’s already a Red Bull pinball machine, a Starbucks isn’t that far away from the realms of reality haha.

Lol it was a wind up by stern to see what suckers posted that they where doing Harry Potter!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Back
Top Bottom