What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stern Godzilla Insider QR reader light issue

Bod

Site Supporter
Alias
Dave Boddis
Recently the light has started flickering on the QR reader quite badly until it goes off completely.
I've unplugged the replugged the RJ cable, thinking maybe loose wire due to shaker motor, but no difference. QR reader still reads the codes, but struggles to do so ( due to no light??)
Any ideas or anyone else had similar problem or any other quick checks?

Attachments

• PXL_20240223_201827313.TS.mp4
    22 MB
Recently the light has started flickering on the QR reader quite badly until it goes off completely.
I've unplugged the replugged the RJ cable, thinking maybe loose wire due to shaker motor, but no difference. QR reader still reads the codes, but struggles to do so ( due to no light??)
Any ideas or anyone else had similar problem or any other quick checks?
I had that on my Mando, There are two flat circuit connectors don't know what there called but the same as a laptop keyboard or battery try reseating them. It's a bit fiddly.

Reactions: Bod
Thanks for your message and suggestion re the QR issue I've got. Do you mean the connection on the QR reader or in the back box? I take it this solved your issue?

Thanks for your message and suggestion re the QR issue I've got. Do you mean the connection on the QR reader or in the back box? I take it this solved your issue?
On the QR reader itself

Reactions: Bod
You can see the small (micro) ribbon cables left and right of the blue PCB (these are the ones he's suggesting to reseat). The QR reader is the green PCB underneath and the black surround is the apron.

20240222_213206[1].jpg

Back
Top Bottom