What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sold Stern Avengers Pro - now 3200 will be reducing daily

Moonraker

Site Supporter
This needs to go (plus I could do with the room). It's only for sale as I ended up with a Avengers LE. This 4 year old machine originally resided in Tilt before it's complete, as new, Pinball Heaven refurbishment/restoration.

It has the standard Stern "1 dot out" on the display and a broken plastic hidden behind the Hulk so you can't see it unless you look for it. Oh and 1 small scratch on the new legs.

The game is an excellent cross between Ironman and X-Men, so it's pretty brutal but once you get the game going it certainly does the biz as they say...

Price £3,750 - No offers, this is my bottom price. If it is sold on here then I will make a donation to the forum.

Happy to fit a colour DMD and shaker motor at cost to the new owner.

Collection from Salisbury or Sheffield. Happy to entertain courriers, Martin due soon.

IMG_20160704_222655.jpg
IMG_20160704_222732.jpg
IMG_20160704_222903.jpg
IMG_20160704_222909.jpg
IMG_20160704_225935.jpg
IMG_20160704_222932.jpg
IMG_20160704_222948.jpg
IMG_20160704_223000.jpg
IMG_20160704_223013.jpg
IMG_20160704_223032.jpg
IMG_20160704_223043.jpg
IMG_20160704_223118.jpg
IMG_20160704_223125.jpg

Last edited:
Looks really nice and I would have probably bitten but a number of substantial bills are just around the corner. Trades only for me for a while. :(

Is really nice... played this very machine..pretty much as new! All the best with the sell Peter..see you soon....:thumbs:
There are a few machines available at the moment that I would usually be interested in but I will have to bide my time. :(

Last price reduction before going back on Ebay...

£3,600

Can bring to 8bitflip at the weekend.

Hi,
I am new to this but if I bought this machine do you know if it can be transported to Scotland and the approximate cost?
Thanks

Hi Jonathan
Before moving to Keith in Scotland 3 years ago, I owned a pinball 'Twilight Zone' which I enjoyed very much so now I am looking for a pinball which must be in very good condition and not very old as in Scotland I would imagine it will be difficult to find someone to assist if I run into problems. Do you think this machine will fulfill my requirements? I am also looking at a Stern 'Star Trek' pinball machine. Your comments would be welcome.

Hi Jonathan
Before moving to Keith in Scotland 3 years ago, I owned a pinball 'Twilight Zone' which I enjoyed very much so now I am looking for a pinball which must be in very good condition and not very old as in Scotland I would imagine it will be difficult to find someone to assist if I run into problems. Do you think this machine will fulfill my requirements? I am also looking at a Stern 'Star Trek' pinball machine. Your comments would be welcome.
@Moonraker is a very trusted member of the site - I have no doubt that if you bought this it would be exactly as advertised. That said, all pinball machines are prone to occasional problems, but there are a lot of very experienced people on here who can always help with advice if necessary in the future. I wouldn't say either this or ST would be more or less reliable, so I'd say just pick whichever game you want; and bear in mind that if you set your sights on one particular game, rather than taking what's available, then the wait might be a bit longer.

Hi Jonathan
Welcome @Bazza, you'd be suprised, there are people closer than you think.

We've just had a league meet in Dundee with 25+ members including 2 new members from the Aberdeen area. We're also hosting 40 pins at Play Expo Glasgow next month if you can make it down you'd be made very welcome, more details can be found on the events page.

Welcome @Bazza, you'd be suprised, there are people closer than you think.

We've just had a league meet in Dundee with 25+ members including 2 new members from the Aberdeen area. We're also hosting 40 pins at Play Expo Glasgow next month if you can make it down you'd be made very welcome, more details can be found on the events page.

Hi,
Thank you for your reassuring comments, the truth is I do not know much about pinballs, I owned one and enjoyed it. I sold it before moving to Scotland to retire and now would like to buy another but which one? I did think about one of the newer machines, I have been looking on the internet as to what people feel is a good machine to own and enjoy, is there a definitive list as to the best 20 machines? Once again thank you for your comments, I will look into the Play Expo at Glasgow.

Hi,
Thank you for your reassuring comments, the truth is I do not know much about pinballs, I owned one and enjoyed it. I sold it before moving to Scotland to retire and now would like to buy another but which one? I did think about one of the newer machines, I have been looking on the internet as to what people feel is a good machine to own and enjoy, is there a definitive list as to the best 20 machines? Once again thank you for your comments, I will look into the Play Expo at Glasgow.
Hi mate,

It's hard to suggest what is good and bad pinball wise as everyone's tastes vary so I'd say you should really do your best to get to the Glasgow event as the will be loads to try out and you'll meet alot of the Scottish crowd, Chris (@Cmor111 ) has been great in inviting me to all the Scottish events as I moved up here a year ago but with 2 young kids and a business I haven't made any meets yet but hoping to get to one soon. All pins have small issues but on here you can find advice on how to fix things, I couldn't change a bulb when I joined and now I'm so advanced I can even change a fuse! Maybe newer sterns like the one for sale here might have less problems, especially from a respected seller like Moon, if you like the theme then maybe watch a few videos on YouTube to check you like the way it plays before committing, Martin can deliver but there will probably be a wait as he won't go as far as you often, but I can give you his number as and when you want it....

Top 100s etc are all well and good but like say music or film lists just because a lot of people like a certain thing doesn't mean you will. Half of the Top 10 games in these lists bore me to tears :-D

I would say a newish Stern game is gonna be more reliable than a 20+ year old pin with its aging tired electronics, worn mechs etc

If you do opt for an older machine at least buy from a trusted seller on here, or refurbished from Pinball Heaven, best to avoid random Ebay sales..,, can be a lottery as to the condition/reliability.

Hi Bazza. Not to far from you, I stay in Aberdeen. Getting pins this far north has become more difficult. As stated Martin the delivery man has been known to come this far north, but not that often and you often have to wait a number of months, still possible tough. If you did get a pin there is always plenty of good advice on this forum.
They is so much to choose from, I have a TZ and would agree its a great pin. Good luck with your search and happy to help if and when you need it. Mike

Hi,
I am new to this but if I bought this machine do you know if it can be transported to Scotland and the approximate cost?
Thanks

Martin has been to me a couple of times and I'm near Haddington on the A1, I have space in an intergrated garage to take a delivery from Martin and hold it for anyone further north to come down and pick up if that's helps anyone out. Martin has Glasgow on his routes but I don't think going further north is really feasible for him but I'm happy to act as free storage for pinheads further north if that helps anyone out.

That's good to know and I may need to take you up on that kind offer. Mike

Martin has been to me a couple of times and I'm near Haddington on the A1, I have space in an intergrated garage to take a delivery from Martin and hold it for anyone further north to come down and pick up if that's helps anyone out. Martin has Glasgow on his routes but I don't think going further north is really feasible for him but I'm happy to act as free storage for pinheads further north if that helps anyone out.

I could also take a delivery for someone, if it helps. I know someone not far from here who uses Martin.

I also know someone with a van that goes up to Aberdeen, who would be willing to move a pin if he's got space.

No one feeling the love for Natasha Romanoff....

Bump. Buy it now before it heads to ebay in a month or two's time for the Christmas rush...! :D

Back
Top Bottom