What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

State of the UK

DRD

Registered
Screenshot_20231119-080316_YouTube.jpg

There is an interesting youtuber called Geoff Buys Cars. He's a Midlands lad that loves old Volvos and he has become increasingly sceptical about electric vehicles.

Inchcape built a new Derby mega dealership on a known flood plain a couple of years ago. Planning documents reveal concerns about potential flooding. Cars were under 1m plus of water a few weeks ago.

The clue is in the address: "West Meadows Industrial Estate".

Based on his video which has numerous "receipts" ....

Inchcape has told owners that they are to deal with their own insurers to claim for the numerous devastated vehicles.

Because of issues with Electric iPace cars, some have waited weeks, indeed months at dealerships for warranty work. Some are claiming this is a manufacturing fault.

Insurers are currently refusing to pay for flood damage to cars only sat at the dealership waiting for manufacturing faults !!

The insurance horror is revealed at 7m 50s

20231119_080925.jpg

Last edited:
IMG_0498.jpeg

The issue here is all insurance companies are ruthless money grabbing ****holes whose sole job in life is to avoid taking responsibility (and therefore liability).

Surely if the car was in the dealerships hands when the flood happened it's down to the dealership to deal with the loss and not the owner, same as if the car was wrecked while the dealer had it for a service etc.

Not sure, as its enviromental damage not something caused by the dealership, typical of insurance companies though, sucks for the owners either way.

At least the flood might stop them catching on fire 😛

For me it's the whole ecosystem of this story

1 council allowed building on a meadow despite known problems

2 dealership built it despite known problems

3 Jag EVs have manufacturing faults, keeping some off the road for months

4 Jag can't fix manufacturing defects quickly

5 Dealer not just setting customers right

6 insurer seemingly fighting it too

7 even if the EV owners get sorted, EV values are dropping like a stone

It's an orchestra of awfulness. I truly pity whoever is caught up in this one.

Interesting. In my (Very limited) experience with planners, they wont let permission be granted whilst there is an issue.... i.e. they would reject on the grounds of being a flood risk, and would need to be re-submitted with revised plans in place to mitigate the flood risk.

The fact that dealer is telling customers to claim of their own insurance despite being "in the care" of them is surely dodgy practice anyhow!!

but if they knowingly built on a flood plain despite being advised? And how was planning permission even granted?
I believe they have liability insurance by law.

Limited land available I guess, sometimes there's little option? I would imagine land is graded on the likelihood of flooding and below a certain level its deemed an acceptable risk.

Seems there are three party's potentially liable, the dealership having located their premises somewhere flooding was possible, Jaguar Land Rover, for making a faulty product, resulting in all those cars being crowded together awaiting repair and the individual insurers.

IMO its down to the individual insurers to reimburse their customers, who they have a direct contract with and have taken payment from, then take the dealership and JLR to court and let them judge any responsibility as the legal back and forth will take years.

In my village we have old sewers with combined run off water and sewerage in them. So when the authorities fail to clean the roads, the cast iron drains block and we have sewage flowing in the streets.

Despite this, no new drains get built. Evermore houses get built and former fields get concreted over worsening the whole situation. A mate had his garden flooded with sewage as the pressure popped off manholes in his and his neighbour's gardens. The council allowed 50 houses to be built on higher ground feeding the drain that overflowed into these gardens.

I have seen the interaction between local MP, local council, district council, water board, planning authorities and environment agency at first hand. It is like a kiddies tea party with the typhoo tea chimps supervising it.

Luckily, I live on higher ground (my Dad told me to buy houses near to churches for this very reason) but I have zero confidence in the authorities when it comes to flooding.

Interesting. In my (Very limited) experience with planners, they wont let permission be granted whilst there is an issue.... i.e. they would reject on the grounds of being a flood risk, and would need to be re-submitted with revised plans in place to mitigate the flood risk.

The fact that dealer is telling customers to claim of their own insurance despite being "in the care" of them is surely dodgy practice anyhow!!
It all depends who is applying for the planning and how much money is (passed under the table) involved.

You only have to look at the housing and industrials estates being built on supposed green belt, flood plans and even past areas that where off limits to know the above is sadly true.

The insurance companies will be playing a game of chess with each other.
End of day they are run under the PRA.
They will sort it amongst themselves.

Back
Top Bottom