What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Standard Bally/Williams Glass Sizes?

alphanu

Registered
I'm getting some toughened glass made up for my World Cup Soccer 94 (backbox and playfield) and got some rough measurments from the net but the glass company told me I needed the exact measurments since toughened glass is a one shot deal so if it doesn't fit it's a case of starting from scratch!

I don't want to mess it up so does anyone know or could a kind soul measure their own glass for me so I know exactly what I need?

I also still need the bits to hold the back glass and translite in, anyone know what I need and where to get it?

Many many thanks in advance, my playfield is getting dusty and I don't want to ruin it!

http://www.pinballmania.co.uk/faq.htm

What is the size of pinball machine Glass?
Standard glass is 533mm x 1092mm x 5mm
Williams/Bally Widebody glass is 603mm x 1092mm x 5mm

Don't have a WCS to measure the translite glass, but I expect its the same as my TZ?
480mm * 685 mm * 3mm

Thanks but his trim is for WPC95 and I'm told it's different.

Think my glass guy can only do 6.4mm hmm.

Get another glass guy. 5mm is available, but its not usual, so they have to source it from irregular suppliers. Some don't want to bother.

The back glass is as measured above. But in the uk 3mm glass is not available toughened as far as i know. So you have to use normal glass. As its not likely to be hit by a ball, it should be ok.

Please don't use normal glass for the backglass, I've seen too many broken backglasses...! Toughened safety glass is called that for a very simple reason, plus it's a lot easier to dispose of after breaking albeit in lots of tiny pieces. You should be able to get 4mm thickness for the backglass.

The guy I'm buying from recons laminated is just as tough as toughened but it breaks differently. He says they use it for shop counters a quite a lot so I assume that would suffice but then I know electronics, I'm no expert on glass!

I would be happy to buy 3mm toughened backglass but if it's not manufactured in the UK I don't see what other option I have really. I'm not even sure he can do 3mm laminated glass from what he was saying. When I pick up the laminated playfield glass tomorrow I'll have a talk with him. I hope he's not sold me something that will damage my machine!

I had a problem a year or so back when my backglass smashed. After a lot of asking around (basically I think you need to find someone parting one out) I gave up and instead bought acrylic or something similar, cut to size. I had about 5 or six cut and if you like can bring one to Daventry?

Can't remember what it cost, it was off eBay from a link here in the forum, probably a tenner or so, so (unless you can find my post with a search and discover it was cheaper) you can have it for that. Let me know?

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1373440770.574280.jpg

Laminated glass is tougher than toughened glass, either would be suitable. Toughened glass, if it does break, goes into hundreds of little bits (like old car windscreens used to) - laminated glass is almost unbreakable but if it does the plastic laminations hold it all together.

Ah ok that's good news then. I'm picking it up today :) The guy basically said the same thing about laminated vs toughened.

cooldan > Sounds good but I don't know what Daventry is.

Back
Top Bottom