What's new

SSD Repair Tool recommendations?

Crewey

Site Supporter
Please can anyone recommend software they've had success restoring/repairing a Windows installation. Obviously I've googled but it seems to be a minefield.

Windows will not boot, CHKDSK fails in all forms despite running for 72hrs to completion the first time, repair & recovery from USB boot fails, safe mode hangs up etc..
I've resorted to removing the SSD and will USB cradle it to try a repair connected to my other machine.

In this instance the Windows recovery element is more preferable to recovering personal data/files etc.. due to the absolute ball-ache finding the hardware drivers and calibrating the peripherals would be.(It's a vpin)

Thanks all

Please can anyone recommend software they've had success restoring/repairing a Windows installation. Obviously I've googled but it seems to be a minefield.

Windows will not boot, CHKDSK fails in all forms despite running for 72hrs to completion the first time, repair & recovery from USB boot fails, safe mode hangs up etc..
I've resorted to removing the SSD and will USB cradle it to try a repair connected to my other machine.

In this instance the Windows recovery element is more preferable to recovering personal data/files etc.. due to the absolute ball-ache finding the hardware drivers and calibrating the peripherals would be.(It's a vpin)

Thanks all
Hiya mate

What version windows are you running?

Cheers dude, I'll check it out 👍
Failing that, a fresh install of Windows on a new ssd, then use baller installer to get the software installed, then copy all the tables from the old disk using your usb caddy. A bit of a pain in the backside, but no doubt it will be faster loading and playing once done

Might be worth a try plugging it into a linux box - that's sometimes less fussy, and usually more informative.

Back
Top Bottom