What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Split Flipper Comp.

DanLewell

Registered
After we had finished in the league at SWL on sat a few of us messed around in pairs playing split flippers (one player on one left, the other on the right) and it was a really good laugh.

It was Me, Rich @RuyLopez , Greg @robotgreg and the Kids (Phoebe, Effie and Oscar), so a real mix of abilities but if anything that made it more fun.

Phoebe loved it and would like to do a split flipper tournament possibly for her birthday or something.

I think picking the pairs at random at the beginning of the day would make it the most fun and ensure no-one takes it to seriously by practicing

Format would probably be matchplay 2 player games (4 people involved) with a final for the top 4 pairs after X amount of qualifying rounds.

So, is this something that people would be interested in playing in? Obviously it would just be for fun, no WPPR points as we would be playing in pairs.

Always up for a tourney with no purpose other than to have some fun!

Trying to schedule it may be tricky though, in which case might be an option to run it alongside another tourney if there is one suitable of course!

Cheers

Vin

Sounds like a great idea and great fun!:thumbs:

How a special 'class' for teams comprising partners - I can imagine that might generate some 'entertaining' results! possibly a spectator sport in its own right?;)

But no WPPR points? Surely it should be double awarded!! :p:cool:

I'm not sure if having Oscar holding a pint is a good idea...! :eek:

Yes, split flipper is great fun.

It also gives me the perfect excuse to post the UK Team that came 2nd in the European Pinball Championships Teams (using Split Flipper) in Stockholm back in 2013... :clap:

View attachment 77296

lock up your women! LOL

Back
Top Bottom