What's new

Spinner lube

Martywolfman

Registered
So I've had my table for a couple of weeks now, and it always seemed that the spinner didn't work particularly well. Even on a good hit it would only rotate perhaps 2 or 3 times.

I took the glass off and had a look. Spinning it with my fingers, it defintitely didn't move particularly well, and you could hear it squeaking. I couldn't tell what part was squeaking though.

So anyway, I have silicone oil lubricant here, I sell it in my store, and I know it's a very inert substance, so figured I'd give it a whirl with a couple of drops.

So I just added a drop on each side that it hangs from, and one on the bar that connects to the switch, and gave that a try.

It now spins for about a week and a half :D

Lube and pinball don’t mix it will soon become black and sticky. A good clean would of prob fixed it. Unless it says in the manual to lube something stay away from the lube

Fair enough, I did wonder about that and the dust they create, but really the amount is absolutely miniscule (smaller than a drop of water), and where it is will be very easy to clean if necessary.

It was a surprise to me to find out that coils etc are supposed to run dry. It's counter-intuitive really. Had a guy come out to give my TZ a once over and he took apart the auto-launcher which was a bit inconsistent, and it turned out to be that the coil wasn't returning to resting position quickly enough, all because it had at some point in its life been WD40'd for a quick fix. Once completely cleaned it was back to 100% consistency.

Also I think you'll be surprised about the dust. Coils produce it, and attract it due to their magnetic field.

It was a surprise to me to find out that coils etc are supposed to run dry. It's counter-intuitive really. Had a guy come out to give my TZ a once over and he took apart the auto-launcher which was a bit inconsistent, and it turned out to be that the coil wasn't returning to resting position quickly enough, all because it had at some point in its life been WD40'd for a quick fix. Once completely cleaned it was back to 100% consistency.

Also I think you'll be surprised about the dust. Coils produce it, and attract it due to their magnetic field.

Yeah the coil sleeves kinda self lube ooer

Back
Top Bottom