What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SPEAKER UPGRADE KIT (BUDGET)

Hi Keith. Do you have any kits spare? I'm interested for VECTOR which I guess falls in your first batch.

image.jpeg image.jpeg Bally Williams pro cost £22.00 plus £6 p&p consists of 1 full range 2 way 6.5" jbl speaker. Plastic spacer. And fitting hardware. Crimp or solder the choice is yours. Our sticker helps you to get the polarity right. Remember on "most" Bally plus is orange(often 2 wires use both) and white is negative. On the Williams plus is black/brown (or black/yellow)negative black. These replacements are 4ohms as opposed to the original spec. 8ohm speaker. As a result the volume control is a tiny bit more sensitive and you may have to turn the master volume up a bit higher than before.
The l.e upgrade provides additional clarity to mid / bass range and provides a clearer vocal on speech machines like vector or fathom for example. Pack consists of one 6.5" jbl mid/ bass driver. One edge driven 46mm tweeter, a passive crossover unit, plastic spacer , kit includes all hardware and cable. Just connect the crossover to your existing cabinet cable and job done. (Crossover and tweeter are self adhesive). Simple!

image.jpeg image.jpeg
L.e. Kit is £32.00 plus £6 p&p.

Last edited:
Speaker upgrade system for Williams/Bally. Wpc-93 machines...e.g wcs, Creech, sttng, corvette, Adams, etc. With wooden speaker panel. Kit includes one 4" jbl speaker (back box) you have the choice if to run this as a tweeter or full range) 4" spacer. One 5" jbl speaker with 4 circular spacers (fits to the existing four screws from old speaker). One 6.5" jbl speaker and spacer for cabinet. (Spacer pushes over existing studs). And all hardware and crimps.image.jpeg
Price £49 plus £6 p&p. Again you can solder or use the crimps supplied. Be sure to use correct speaker polarity. Generally all speakers are black/yellow positive. Black negative.

Last edited:
Data east/ SEGA all Dmd. BAYWATCH, Rockie n bull, id4, guns n roses, wwf, Tommy etc.
All these speakers fit onto the original screws/ studs without spacers or modding. Kit comprises of 1 8" subwoofer and 2 full range 2 way 4" jbl speakers and crimps. If you want to save money you can purchase a 6.5" woofer I place of the 8". It's not so tidy a fit but just means screwing into your cabinet grill. (Only seen from underneath and the screw is not proud of the woodwork). Subwoofer positive yellow/black. Negative yellow/ white. Back box speakers left : red/black positive. Red/white negative. Right speaker positive.black/yellow. Negative. Black.image.jpgprice:8" woofer kit £43 plus £8 p& p. 6.5" woofer kit £38.

Last edited:
How would you say these compare to the pinball pro or flipper fidelity kits in quality? I feel like the former are very expensive for what they offer. Pricing looks more than fair on your kits.

Have you considered doing a kit similar in price to theirs (but using better components)? I have a Pinsound card in a STTNG and will get another card for my DE Jurassic Park once the guy who did the Indiana Jones cinema mix for Pinsound has finished his work. Speakers (or speaker I think since they only replaced the big left hand one) are Pinball Dreams rebranded Pinball Pro in my STTNG ... sounds ok, but with a Pinsound card driving it, it could definitely do with a better sound stage.

Last edited:
Hi Justin.
Hoping to get the system 11 Bally / data east alpha numeric pinball machine kits up later today. Then SEGA and WMS TO FOLLOW....
CHEERS KEITH.
Would like a cabinet bass speaker for my "Swords of Fury" pinball Williams system 11. OEM is rated 4 ohm 10 watt. From what I've heard going higher with wattage will reduce volume and overload amp. How do you propose to overcome this obstacle? What rating are the upgraded speakers? In theory it sounds a great idea.

Attachments

• DSC_0005_19.JPG
    DSC_0005_19.JPG
    89.9 KB · Views: 22
Hi Justin,
It's the impedance and the speaker sensitivity that effect the amplifier stage more than the wattage. Let's take one at a time:
1. Impedance. In very simple terms the lower the speaker impedance the higher the load on the amplifier. A 4ohm speaker will double the current effect on an amplifier compared to an 8ohm speaker. We have not encountered any problems unless you run the older machines at near full volume for lengthy periods of time. Most machines since the late eighties use 4 ohms anyhow.
2. Speaker sensitivity. This is typically measured in db/watt metre. Again in very simple terms
The higher the sensitivity the easier it is to drive a speaker. So you can listen at a lower volume with the same wattage amp. Anything around the 87 - 89 db will work the amp hard. Anything above 94db is much easier for the amp to drive. The speakers we use are rated at 94db so should avoid any overdriving of the output stage of the amplifier.
3. Watts. The power you need to know is the Rms power , most speaker power is measured in peak. The Rms power of these jbl' is 15watts.
Hope this helps.
Would like a cabinet bass speaker for my "Swords of Fury" pinball Williams system 11. OEM is rated 4 ohm 10 watt. From what I've heard going higher with wattage will reduce volume and overload amp. How do you propose to overcome this obstacle? What rating are the upgraded speakers? In theory it sounds a great idea.
(or in other words this speaker will work and sound great in your swords of fury!)

Last edited:
Ok thanks I'm convinced. Can you put me down for one cab speaker for MySys11 williams Swords of Fury. When wil they be in stock and do you use PayPal. P.S the name is Andrew.

Just finished installing Keith's speaker upgrade kit in my Getaway and I'm very pleased with the results. Sound is clearer and much more bass ( admitedly the original cab speaker was spretty beat up )

Great job Keith, and thanks for selling so cheaply.

Will it work with the newer metal speaker panels?
Yes, but minus the crossover if you have one already pre installed in the cab. (Kiss l.e for example)
Keith. (FYI the speakers in the latest metal panel sterns are very poor quality indeed cannot see them lasting long until they clip(voice coils burn out)

Back
Top Bottom