What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Space needed to remove glass safely?

Andypc

Site Supporter
Just trying to workout how best to place my pins, but want to make sure I have enough space to remove the glass safely. Am I right in thinking standard Pins are 140cm deep and the glass is 109cm deep. So am I right in thinking 250cm is enough space?

You can get away with less by jacking the front legs up about 6 inches when removing the glass

I might need that bendi-glass! Just double checked and my Pinball Room is going to be 420cm by only 235cm when it's all been battened out and plastered. There goes my dream of having four Pinballs in a nice straight line. Any suggestions? This is not to scale, but I am trying to work out my best option.
Layout.jpg

Where’s the door on your diagram?

We put the games opposite so they share the same glass space in a middle walkway. So on your lower diagram push the right games fully back against the wall to the right - is there then enough space in the middle to open any of them? You’d then enter the room at the bottom or top centre of the room. Add back boxes to the pic as they’re wider than the body and also help explain the machine orientation to others!

Doors are on the right in the centre, so the ones on the right can't go back any further. Would top right work?

It could - we did that for a while. Didn’t really like it though. You need to check the glass can still be taken off at that angle.

Use the 4 corners then you'll just have to drag a pin sideways into the gap or point the front into the middle of the room to slide the glass out.

do number 1, and when you need to take the glass out just rotate the pin out and round. you shouldn't need to take the glass off that often.

I have the same problem, modern houses have tiny rooms, squeezing several machines in becomes tricky, glass does need to come off - often.
isn't it 132cm for a standard pin and 109cm for the glass ?
and you can get away with a little less , just less than 100cm to get the glass out, as its at an angle.

another thing, lining up widebodys together means you can't get inside the backbox either

Back
Top Bottom