What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Complete Space invaders ( The reborn )

Both displays are now fully working ,did not spot player 2 had a problem untill I put the game in test mode , anyway both issues where dry joints where the display fits to the board ,and while I was at it reflowed the connectors.
Next I looked at is why the single drop target has problems in staying up !
So I fitted a spring to it , seems to of cured it I hope !
IMG_20180424_201154060_LL.jpg IMG_20180424_201139540.jpg

Went into switch test and the sling swicth's are stuck on !
Contacts have a gap so it's not that ,cut leg off one side of new diode and fault went away but diode reads ok :hmm:
Diode is installed right way round so it not that ,but numpty here soldered one of the legs on the wrong tab :rolleyes:
So now all working !

So on to the next fault ....

Love these little fixes - at least I know it isn't just me that does these stupid things...

@carl lawrence the original drop target spring (the knackered one connected to the drop target) is connected incorrectly at the bottom end. It should connect to the main frame somewhere as currently it's basically attached to itself which is why it's not dropping :D

crap photo of my somewhat rusty mech:oops: but you are right where it is,probably just a knackered springView attachment 63884
So it does have a spring there !

Yep got one of them too :thumbs:

Mind did not have a spring at all and it was hit or miss if the target stay up ! So I added a used weak bent spring to see if this would work and it does ;)
@carl lawrence the original drop target spring (the knackered one connected to the drop target) is connected incorrectly at the bottom end. It should connect to the main frame somewhere as currently it's basically attached to itself which is why it's not dropping :D
Chris I thought the same as you there to be fair ,but there is nowhere at the bottom of the mec to attach , the only other place was the square hole on the side ,but that put the spring on an angle plus when the target was in position the spring would fall the coil which is not good !

^^^
Did you suss it Carl from Stevebms "letterbox" photo?

Anyways this is minor, am really enjoying the pics of your machine and progress, it's bang tidy, ace job:thumbs:

^^^
Did you suss it Carl from Stevebms "letterbox" photo?

Anyways this is minor, am really enjoying the pics of your machine and progress, it's bang tidy, ace job:thumbs:
As shown above with that used bent under powered spring ,it works perfectly :)
But will fit a new one in its place :thumbs:

What to do with these rusty things I don't know ?
image.jpg
Any ideas would be greatly accept :thumbs:
Thing about just chrome ?

I think you can get overlays for the apron in the states,but if the surface underneath is rusty,it may show through when applied I guess?

If your going to chrome the apron how about cutting out some shapes from the artwork and lighting them up a bit from below?
That does look good ,but I two big square holes in it , but liking the Idea of it ;)
Maybe cut a slot or two in the front edge to let more light on the bottom of the Playfield:hmm:
I think you can get overlays for the apron in the states,but if the surface underneath is rusty,it may show through when applied I guess?
Was looking at them but I would definitely need to repaint the apron to
That sounds cool :thumbs: if you wanted to avoid the hassle of having to get the metal laser cut then maybe get some space invaders stickers and put them on the chromed apron? I've sure you can get all sorts:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/s/?ie=UTF8...vtargid=kwd-5946021761&ref=pd_sl_8ywav8j8wy_e
Like the idea ,but it's more Alien then space invaders ,think I need to have I little chat with someone :rolleyes:

How about something like this for lighting the bottom of the playfield.
wpclsf05.jpg

The holes can be filled, or you could get an apron made if you know someone who's good with metal.

All up and running ,the insert lights that where not working was just a bad connection on J3 & J1 a bit of light sand paper on the connection and job done !

Kind of hoping for some board work here :)

Now Step is replace cabinet flipper switches test and take apart and start on he cabinet !

I think i'd need to wear sunglasses to play mine if I put led's in it,it's in a dark corner of the garage and the bulbs are bright enough as it is for me

I think i'd need to wear sunglasses to play mine if I put led's in it,it's in a dark corner of the garage and the bulbs are bright enough as it is for me
Not really a LED fan ,I normally pull the lamps out reduce heat etc etc ,so I thought I see what's it would look like on the flesh with LEDs in .
So to sum it all up the only LEDs which will be in this machine will be on the white board in the back box :thumbs:

The next job I could do with doing first is a folding work bench on wheels so I can push / pull it out of that room and spray the cabinet outside !!

Stencils been under the bed now for a long time now ,but not as long as The Dr Who decals;)

Attachments

• IMG_20180610_170117011.jpg
    IMG_20180610_170117011.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 21
Back
Top Bottom