What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Space Invaders Cocktail Blowing Fuses

VW Lee

Site Supporter
Hi all. I picked this up off a mate last week, I knew It didnt work ( but did till about 4 weeks ago )
It keeps blowing the 2 Amp fuse - see pic. Ive read that it could be a capacitor on the amp board.
Does anyone know if there is anyone in the North East area that I could take this to to be repaired.?
Thanks Lee.Space Invaders.jpgSpace Invaders fuse.jpg

Post on UKVAC to narrow down the problem. There are a few repairers on there you can send bits too, although not many do pre-Jamma stuff these days.

It’s a really nice looking example so well worth repairing. I think that cocktail was actually the first arcade game I ever played as my friend’s dad had a hotel that got one in when new.

Post on UKVAC to narrow down the problem. There are a few repairers on there you can send bits too, although not many do pre-Jamma stuff these days.

It’s a really nice looking example so well worth repairing. I think that cocktail was actually the first arcade game I ever played as my friend’s dad had a hotel that got one in when new.
Thanks Pooman, great name btw. Ive just registered on UKvac. Hopefully I'll get some help. Cheers.

There’s always the legend @myPinballs on here and he’s also on UKVAC, he sorted out a graphics board problem on my table (same model as yours)

Good luck a great fun game 👍

Very nice looking example. Mine isnt so great, and is currently in 100 pieces in the Garage....

Hi all. I picked this up off a mate last week, I knew It didnt work ( but did till about 4 weeks ago )
It keeps blowing the 2 Amp fuse - see pic. Ive read that it could be a capacitor on the amp board.
Does anyone know if there is anyone in the North East area that I could take this to to be repaired.?
Thanks Lee.View attachment 241963View attachment 241964
If you want me to look at the pcb board stack, happy to do so, i'm in leeds. fixed a few of these!

If you want me to look at the pcb board stack, happy to do so, i'm in leeds. fixed a few of thes

If you want me to look at the pcb board stack, happy to do so, i'm in leeds. fixed a few of these!
Hi Jim that woukd be great, Would you need the full game? or just the boards. It looks like some wires have been solderd to the boards at some point and has a block connector in place. Also do you no where i can buy 2amp fuses from?
Thanks Lee.

Attachments

• SI board.jpg
    SI board.jpg
    138.8 KB · Views: 8
Actually thats a good point... @myPinballs
Jim would you be prepared to look at the same as above (Space invader PCB stack), however that hasnt been powered up for goodness knows how many years? Would rather someone with experience and who knows what they are doing poke and prod instead of me firing up and guessing :)

Might fire up first time... however i suspect not, and dont want to break it any more!
Cheers

Hi Jim that woukd be great, Would you need the full game? or just the boards. It looks like some wires have been solderd to the boards at some point and has a block connector in place. Also do you no where i can buy 2amp fuses from?
Thanks Lee.
If it’s had wiring hacks then might be better just to bring the full thing over so I can go through it all. Happy just to check the PCB and amp board though if you prefer

Actually thats a good point... @myPinballs
Jim would you be prepared to look at the same as above (Space invader PCB stack), however that hasnt been powered up for goodness knows how many years? Would rather someone with experience and who knows what they are doing poke and prod instead of me firing up and guessing :)

Might fire up first time... however i suspect not, and dont want to break it any more!
Cheers
Sure no problem. Happy to check/repair the PCB stack no worries 👍🏻

Gotta love a nice invaders machine.
Used to have the upright one many years ago. Paid £30 for it and the sound was off. Was an LM something or other I recall.

Back
Top Bottom