What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

South Park £1000

cooldan

i like pizza
Great fun multiball two-flipper game from Sega in 1999, listed on ipdb as an "adult cartoon theme with puerile elements", which can't be bad. This one has the swearing ROMs installed as well, so extra rude words, like 'bitch' and 'raging lesbian' can be enjoyed, and a carpet-munching video mode on top. This machine was at The South Coast Slam in April. Loads of pics below, plus a video of the carpet munching mode here:

So how do you play it? Kick the baby at the policeman to get the skillshot, then keep hitting the toilet and the ramp to get multiball (spelled out by turds on the DMD) when Mr Hankey will rise from the cistern. Nail those Cartman, Chef, Stan and Kyle shots a few times each - plus of course kill Kenny - to start their modes and go for the wizard modes. Enjoy Terence & Philip's fart bumpers, or Mr Mackie' pearls of wisdom. Cartman's anal probe is always fun too.

[attachment=872:whole playfield.JPG]

The thing i like about this game is the same thing that many people don't like about it - it's relatively easy, with simple rules and largish targets to aim for. It's also bright and colourful, entertaining, and smutty. Apparently these things still make money on location, as everyone recognises the theme, and kids love it. I only have space for 5 machines though, so i have to rotate.

http://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=4444

I bought this a year ago, and have had it fully shopped (by Stan) which included new balls, bulbs and rubbers, blue sleeves, blue popper skirts, those naughty ROMs, rebuilt both flippers with new plungers/links/endstops/coil sleeves AND coils, a cliffy protector for the Kenny hole, and an upgraded speaker. Oh, and i put some film around the fluorescent tube in the backbox, as it was too bright, now much better. And i replaced the AA batteries last week in all my games.

[attachment=873:inside all backbox.JPG]

[attachment=877:inside cabinet.JPG]

The bad points:

Intermittent fault with autoplunger, tries to fire without waiting - The Legend tweaked the trough optos at the Slam, but he was superbusy, and this needs attention.

Cabinet looks like somebody dragged it behind a truck on a potholed road, but that never bothered me - you can see the wear by the flipper buttons, plus there's a bit of rust on the siderail where the lockdown bar goes on.Probably no more than normal, but best to be upfront about it.

Dodgy connector on the left hand toilet target under the playfield, keeps working loose.

Game often plays random soundbites - i'm sure this can be chased down and fixed, it's not the ROMs so is probably just one loose wire somewhere.

Some cracked and broken plastics.

Right inlane has some wear.

[attachment=878:siderail rusted.JPG]

The good points:

Playfield is lovely, you could eat your dinner off it. Surely the most important bit?

Translite perfect.

Dot matrix perfect.

Lights all working fine.

Coin mechanism in the door, dunno if it works or not.

Toilet working great - apparently this breaks in some SPs.

UK skillposts means you get three free coils/plungers etc.

Those upgrades mentioned above.

[attachment=879:underside of pf.JPG]

[attachment=889:pf - mr hankey.JPG]

Come by to have a look, have a play, see what you think. Located in West London at W7 3BQ. Buyer collects or organises collection - i'm happy to help you load up your car or van. Cash on collection preferred, but would also consider paypal or bank transfer. £1000 ovno

Dan 07730 656 414

Damn would have loved this - just about to move house tho, unless you can hold on for a few weeks
wink-1.png

EDIT - lets be realistic - i cant afford anything at the mo!!
sad-1.png

Paul' date=' post: 1694053 said:
Damn would have loved this - just about to move house tho, unless you can hold on for a few weeks
wink-1.png

EDIT - lets be realistic - i cant afford anything at the mo!!
sad-1.png

Does your Mrs know you are having impure thoughts ?

She's going to be cutting your danggles off if she finds out.

D.

Dan, I see you still have plenty of Space in your garage, sorry I mean games room, NOT.

replicas' date=' post: 1694058 said:
Dan, I see you still have plenty of Space in your garage, sorry I mean games room, NOT.

[attachment=892:garage w 5 pins in Sketchup.jpg]

hmmmm, you could be right
rolleyes-1.gif

[attachment=893:ImageUploadedByTapatalk1338631507.291727.jpg]

You mean TV's Will Barber? Yeah, he had first refusal but told me he'd changed his mind. Second thoughts?

I plan on replacing it with something soon, so if he's short on cash, he could trade what he's got for SP + nappies?

Back
Top Bottom