What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Slingshot issue

Mrbroadside

Registered
Alias
Adi Evans
Hi guys,

Noticed my slingshots playing up on my Stern CSI, when a ball launches the coil fires on the slingshots? I’ve no errors showing but when in switch test the leaf switches are not registering at all 😤
Could they need adjusting? Or is something more complicated than that?

Cheers

Vibration triggering the leaf switch, just open it up slightly....
-sorry just read original post again, leaf switches definitely not registering in switch test or coils not firing? (Hold in door switches?)

Vibration triggering the leaf switch, just open it up slightly....
-sorry just read original post again, leaf switches definitely not registering in switch test or coils not firing? (Hold in door switches?)

Coils will fire when testing them, just when hitting the leaf switches I get nothing. When I launch a ball both coils fire, but nothing when ball hits the rubbers

When I launch a ball both coils fire, but nothing when ball hits the rubbers
Just to check the switches aren’t touching, in switch test or game play pull the rubber away from the sling to definitely open the contacts and then let the rubber go back to its rest position - see if anything happens?

Just to check the switches aren’t touching, in switch test or game play pull the rubber away from the sling to definitely open the contacts and then let the rubber go back to its rest position - see if anything happens?

If I pull the rubber away from the switches, after a couple of seconds the coil fires

If I pull the rubber away from the switches, after a couple of seconds the coil fires
Can you adjust the switches so there is a definite gap between the contacts when the rubber is in place, and see how that affects things? The rubber only allows a relatively small amount of movement of the blades when the ball hits so don‘t have too big a gap, but make sure there definitely is one on all four switches.

If you’re making under playfield adjustments it’s safest to do it when the game is off, no chance of accidentally shorting coil voltage that way! :)

Back
Top Bottom