What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

In Progress Slightly Leathal Weapon 3

Sure did it's in one of the photos if you got keen eyes...
Here goes....c74,67,60,52,31 470uf 25v. C59,54,61,68,17 22uf 25v. C55,63,70 10uf25v.
C53,c69,c62, 220uf 50v. C30 1000uf 25v. Remember other components may be also at fault..e.g. The power I.c.'s mb3730 (x3). dry joints. Or the 24mhz crystal.Bad earth............etc...always check your speakers first, particularly the impedance, voice coil damage and cone condition.
Not had chance to check much yet but the speaker is measuring just under 8 ohms Shouldn't it be 4?

Backbox speakers (4") 8 ohms. Cabinet speaker (8") 4ohms.
Thanks, I've actually just stumbled across another thread of yours. Are you still doing the speaker upgrade kits? I'm starting to lean towards the speaker being the problem rather than the amp. If I disconnect the backbox speakers I can turn the cab speaker up and it sounds decent, am I right it thinking it being on the quiet side at other times is due it it being the wrong speaker?

Thanks, I've actually just stumbled across another thread of yours. Are you still doing the speaker upgrade kits? I'm starting to lean towards the speaker being the problem rather than the amp. If I disconnect the backbox speakers I can turn the cab speaker up and it sounds decent, am I right it thinking it being on the quiet side at other times is due it it being the wrong speaker?
Hi,
Yes upgrades still available. The backbox speakers are prone to cone surround disintegration, and or ceased voice coils...very common on these types of data east machines. What's the problem with your sound Blake ...as I do not think you have actually mentioned it?

Hi,
Yes upgrades still available. The backbox speakers are prone to cone surround disintegration, and or ceased voice coils...very common on these types of data east machines. What's the problem with your sound Blake ...as I do not think you have actually mentioned it?
Sorry I've been discussing it on another thread and didn't I realise which one I was on.The problem I've got is the cab speaker is very quite while back box speakers are very loud. You have to get right up close to hear it over the other 2. If I disconnect the back speakers and turn the volume up the cab speaker is then able to to get to a decent volume but at what would be a way to high setting for the back speakers. I'd best add the cab speaker isn't original, it was installed when I bought it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom