What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Site work!

Paul

Staff member
Alias
Toibs
Hi All,

Just to follow up from my announcement before Christmas on improvements and enhancements to the site, that latest version of the Software has been released. This brings the following benefits :

• Native push notifications on supported devices/browsers
  • Editor button management
  • Enhanced editor integration and advanced BB code option syntax
  • Markdown support
  • Tables support
  • Reactions (likes, dislikes etc)
  • URL unfurling
  • Emoji enhancements including an improved smilie menu with easy emoji access
  • Video uploads
  • Approval queue improvements
  • Guest performance improvements including guest page caching
  • Content bookmarking and sharing
  • A fully featured REST API
  • BB code and rich text editing for profile posts and comments
I'll be looking to get things together and get these implemented over the next week or so.

This should also give me the ability to release a new enhanced "classifieds" Section, making things hopefully easier and more uniform to sell items on here.

Thanks
Paul

If the weather is bad tonight... it may well be done VERY soon :D

Upgrade work all done. Just need to find out what does and doesnt work, and enable new functionality :)

If anyone is experiencing issues - HERE is the place to put it, and i will take a look and try to fix it...

Thanks!
Paul

Are you enabling the REST API functionality @Paul ? I'd be very interested in that (with a key scoped suitably for reading content if we have to ask you for a key?)

Looks good. I like the new look.

Can I ask - is there a reason the logo is the way it is? Don't want to criticise but it looks super low resolution. Wasn't sure if there was a reason it hadn't been updated or anything.

Good use of Snow Day @Paul :thumbs:

A minor point but since the last update the browser tab icon reverted to the platform software icon.

Should be Fixed now :D
Confirmed Thanks :thumbs:

I agree with comment above, in Chrome anyway difference between read/unread is not as obvious as before.

Ahh, I see it's bold. It's more obvious on the PC. On the tablet which I was using last night when I left the comment, I didn't notice that.

Would it be possible to get a site icon for Apple (and Android too I guess) so that it doesn't show up as just "P" on my phone? Thanks :)

#firstworldproblems I know.

@Paul, links on Tapatalk aren't working. Clicking on a link takes the it to the Tapatalk front page. Well it does for me anyway.

I don't understand why you want likes - like facebook. otherwise you might as well start a group on facebook and kill this place off! :D

I like the pinside up/down but the smileys look dreadful on this.

Neil

@Paul, links on Tapatalk aren't working. Clicking on a link takes the it to the Tapatalk front page. Well it does for me anyway.

Yup... Tapatalk arent the best at updating their app for changes. Hopefully now the latest release has been out for a few days then they will have updated the App again... a little tight on time currently, however will take a look over the next couple of days :)

Not sure on this one... Will look into it over the next few days :)
Guess it's probably not worth your time unless you fancy redesiginng the site logo anyway. Is there any history behind that? It looks super low res on my screen.

For some reason no links to videos will work for me anymore (I’m using Tapatalk). Tried signing out and in and closing the app etc

Just a minor thing, if you open a thread you get the option to “jump to new”, but if you go back to a thread you have already opened you don’t? So to get to the new latest posting you have to scroll right to the bottom of the first page and then type in the last page number and then press go? With long threads this is a bit long winded! Could the “jump to new” be available all the time? Or could a “jump to last” be available if you’ve already read that thread.
No worries if can’t sort out, probably just me!

For some reason no links to videos will work for me anymore (I’m using Tapatalk). Tried signing out and in and closing the app etc

Could you check and let me know if this one is fixed please Rudi :) Cheers!

Back
Top Bottom