What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Site support donation functionality

When should Paul sort out the site support donation functionality?

• Now

Votes: 9 100.0%
  • Later

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

JT.

Site Supporter
Congrats to Paul on the popularity of Pinballinfo - as one of the early adopters of the site (versus the yahoo group) it's great to see how popular this place is now and what a personable community has evolved too. The recent(ish) functionality that shows how many new posts have happened since you last visited is getting scarily high for me now - at the moment it's over 700 for me, which seems to happen in a day or two - when this place started that would be several weeks or more content I guess!

So anyway, reminiscing is nice, but the point of the post was: does Paul's site support kitty need topping up and if so when TF will the donation functionality start working again! :)

Congrats to Paul on the popularity of Pinballinfo - as one of the early adopters of the site (versus the yahoo group) it's great to see how popular this place is now and what a personable community has evolved too. The recent(ish) functionality that shows how many new posts have happened since you last visited is getting scarily high for me now - at the moment it's over 700 for me, which seems to happen in a day or two - when this place started that would be several weeks or more content I guess!

So anyway, reminiscing is nice, but the point of the post was: does Paul's site support kitty need topping up and if so when TF will the donation functionality start working again! :)

I tried to support the site earlier this year but couldn't so I have voted now!

Hahaha - ok ok ok - Point taken!!! I'll see what i can sort out over the next day or two!!!

The support kitty is... Well it's ok. Hosting is paid for the next 6 months, and There's a few quid in cash there (£58.93 currently!) for new mods and functionality... and one can be a donate tool!! ;)

I would like to also stress - ANYTHING given to the forums by way of donation stays in the forums kitty. I am going to meet up soon with my co-admins and share info with them so...

1. it is 100% transparent and not just to me, and also to others for corroboration
2. If i get knocked down by a bus the day after then the forums will live on

I only havent done this before now because i was always concerned about if this place would be popular. You guys have confirmed this for me, so that has prompted it :)

You guys actually help out with the running of this place without really realising it!! :)

Paul

Last edited:
Pleased to hear that the forum is not a financial burden on you Paul and that there is enough money for you to keep it updated for now. It is the time you spend on software and databases, the mods and plugins that cost in your time as well as cash. I know how any hobby can have it's ups and downs, just like real life can and you have steered the ship admirable.
I owe you a drink for all of that. :)

Is it ready yet?

How about now? How about now? How about now? How about now? How about now?How about now? How about now? How about now? How about now? How about now?How about now? How about now? How about now? How about now? How about now?How about now? How about now? How about now? How about now? How about now?How about now? How about now? How about now? How about now? How about now?How about now? How about now? How about now? How about now? How about now?How about now? How about now? How about now? How about now? How about now?

It's been ready for a while!!! Oh go on then.... Let me trial it to make sure it works.... then i'll release it...

Reactions: JT.
Sorted :D Donations back online.

Upgrades to "site supporter" will be manual, so please give me 24/48 hours to do this....

I'll be contacting Steve C Shortly about his generous donation of My little ponies for my 4 year old daughter :D

Reactions: JT.
Great to see the donate button is being pressed by some members, Up to 78% but could be better.
If you haven't pressed it yet then give it a go. Its well worth it to keep this great site up and running.

Had a real flurry over the last few days and edging closer to that target, good stuff..

Appreciate this will probably generate a flurry of 'it's over there, are you blind.' responses, but where is the donate button/ function. Keen to make one in recognition of how useful the site is, but can't see how?

It'll be back soon.... just waiting for an updated version of the app.... :)

Is it possible to donate via tapatalk on iPad ? My laptop is out of action and the filters at work won't let me do it there

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just realised I should be able to do it on the iPad online. Ignore me, it's been a long week [emoji15]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Phew! There was an issue i was unaware of where only existing site supporters could donate - little bit of a problem there! Should be all sorted now :)

Donate button is part of the navigation bar at the top...

Cheers
Paul

Back
Top Bottom