What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Expired Retro Refurbs - Updates & Discounts for SideBlades™, Translites, Cabinet Decals, Mods, Showcase!

Expired Due to no activity

PeteB

Registered
Alias
Random Username
Over the last 6 months Retro Refurbs has been working on inside art, which we're calling SideBlades™, and we've built up quite a large collection. I thought it might be good to showcase some of the designs here and offer Pinballinfo members a discount code.

We're adding around 5 to 6 new designs every week, and these are all original creations.

You can read all about the qualities of our side blades on the website, but to give a brief overview we are making these on an anti-scuff and scratch resistant material. The blades are contour cut to perfectly fit each cabinet (including any holes) so there's no faff when installing. You don't even have to remove the playfield. Just align, peel, and stick.

Members of PinballInfo.com can use the code INFOBLADES at the checkout to receive 10% off (only applies to SideBlades™)

LINK: https://www.retrorefurbs.com/shop-cat/pinball-sideblades/
PRICE: £59 (before discounts applied) + shipping (depends how many you order)
SHIPPING: Please allow 5-6 days as these are made on-demand per order, then sent by next day delivery.

Requests are welcome, but here are some of our existing designs:

CSI - Las Vegas:
csi-las-vegas-pinball-sideblades-inside-decals-sideboard-art-pin-blades.jpg

CSI - Metal
csi-metal-pinball-sideblades-inside-decals-sideboard-art-pin-blades.jpg

Iron Man:
iron-man-pinball-sideblades-inside-decals-sideboard-art-pin-blades.jpg

Tron:
tron-legacy-pinball-sideblades-inside-decals-sideboard-art-pin-blades.jpg

Aerosmith:
1.jpg

BOP 2.0
1.jpg

Bram Stoker's Dracula:
bram-stokers-dracula-pinball-sideblades-inside-decals-sideboard-art-pin-blades.jpg

Creature From The Black Lagoon:
creature-from-the-black-lagoon-cftbl-pinball-sideblades-inside-decals-sideboard-art-pin-blades.jpg

Congo:
congo-pinball-sideblades-inside-decals-sideboard-art-pin-blades.jpg

The Getaway High Speed II:
the-getaway-high-speed-ii-pinball-sideblades-inside-decals-sideboard-art-pin-blades.jpg

Cirqus Voltair:
cirqus-voltaire-pinball-sideblades-inside-decals-sideboard-art-pin-blades.jpg

Fish Tales:
fish-tales-pinball-sideblades-inside-decals-sideboard-art-pin-blades.jpg

The Flintstones - Rocks:
the-flintstones-rocks-pinball-sideblades-inside-decals-sideboard-art-pin-blades.jpg

Judge Dredd:
judge-dredd-pinball-sideblades-inside-decals-sideboard-art-pin-blades.jpg

Last edited:
Johnny Mnemonic - Cyber Space:

johnny-mnemonic-cyber-space-pinball-sideblades-inside-decals-sideboard-art-pin-blades.jpg

Scared Stiff:

scared-stiff-pinball-sideblades-inside-decals-sideboard-art-pin-blades.jpg

Star Trek The Next Generation:
star-trek-next-generation-pinball-sideblades-inside-decals-sideboard-art-pin-blades.jpg

Theatre of Magic:
theatre-of-magic-pinball-sideblades-inside-decals-sideboard-art-pin-blades.jpg

Tales of the Arabian Nights:
tales-of-arabian-nights-pinball-sideblades-inside-decals-sideboard-art-pin-blades.jpg

Terminator 2 Chrome Edition:
1.jpg

The Walking Dead:
1.jpg

The Walking Dead - Fence:
1.jpg

The Walking Dead - Hands
1.jpg

The Simpsons Pinball Party:

1.jpg

Pirates of The Caribbean:
1.jpg

Pirates of The Caribbean - Cannon:
1.jpg

Pirates of the Caribbean - Map:
1.jpg

Spider Man:
1.jpg

Spider Man - Blue (or City Edition):
spider-man-blue.jpg

Spider Man - Red:
spider-man-red.jpg

Batman 66:
Batman 66.jpg

Batman 66 - City:
batman66-city.jpg

1.jpg

Guardians of The Galaxy:

guardians-of-the-galaxy-pinball-side-blades-game-blades-pin-blades.jpg

Game of Thrones:
game-of-thrones-pinball-sideblades-inside-art-pin-blades.jpg

Game of Thrones - Houses:
game-of-thrones-houses-pinball-sideblades-inside-art-pin-blades.jpg

Game of Thrones - Map:
game-of-thrones-map-pinball-sideblades-inside-art-pin-blades.jpg

The Shadow:
the-shadow-pinball-sideblades-inside-art-pin-blades.jpg

Batman The Dark Knight:
batman-dark-knight-pinball-sideblades-inside-art-pin-blades-stern.jpg

The Lord of the Rings:
lord-of-the-rings-pinball-sideblades-inner-inside-art-pin-blades-stern.jpg

The Lord of the Rings - Path:
lord-of-the-rings-path-pinball-sideblades-inner-inside-art-pin-blades-stern.jpg

Batman Forever - City:
batman-forever-city-pinball-sideblades-inner-inside-art-pin-blades-sega.jpg

Batman Forever - Riddler:
batman-forever-riddler-pinball-sideblades-inner-inside-art-pin-blades-sega.jpg

Jurassic Park:
jurassic-park-pinball-sideblades-inner-inside-art-pin-blades-data-east.jpg

Jurassic Park - Jungle:
jurassic-park-jungle-pinball-sideblades-inner-inside-art-pin-blades-data-east.jpg

These look great Pete!
You should post a link to website and mention pricing don't suppose there's a Hook in the pipeline?
Edit sorry Pete you beat me to it!

Last edited:
The Who's Tommy Pinball Wizard:

the-who-tommy-pinball-wizard-sideblades-inner-inside-art-pin-blades-data-east.jpg

The Who's Tommy Pinball Wizard - Union Jack:
the-who-tommy-pinball-wizard-union-jack-sideblades-inner-inside-art-pin-blades-data-east.jpg

The Who's Tommy Pinball Wizar - Union Jack Paint:
the-who-tommy-pinball-wizard-union-jack-paint-sideblades-inner-inside-art-pin-blades-data-east.jpg

Lethal Weapon 3:
lethal-weapon-3-pinball-sideblades-inner-inside-art-pin-blades-data-east.jpg

Lethal Weapon 3 - Black:
lethal-weapon-3-black-pinball-sideblades-inner-inside-art-pin-blades-data-east.jpg

Lethal Weapon 3 - Real Blast:
lethal-weapon-3-real-blast-pinball-sideblades-inner-inside-art-pin-blades-data-east.jpg

Hook:
1.jpg

Hook - Sea:
1.jpg

These look great Pete!
You should post a link to website and mention pricing don't suppose there's a Hook in the pipeline?

Website link is displayed in the previews.

Hook is here! ;)

Would defo buy a set if you did TZ

Working on a set for that :)

Plan is to have all Bally, Williams, Stern, Data East, and Sega games done by the end of March.

When I say all, I mean DMD games. Then will look at other things, like Gottlieb and alphanumeric games.

@PeteB i must be having a senior moment can't find Hook on the website?
I can't either. Which are you fancying? I like the maps but the pf is really tight and I'm concerned they'd get scuffed.

Congratulations on a superb product Pete - I'm definitely in for some AC/DC SideBlades, once I've made up my mind which ones I like best.

Just purchased a couple of sets, easy to navigate website and discount code worked A treat
Just what I've been looking for to give the next couple that bit of something special!
Thanks Pete

Saw a video that suggested spraying with windolene before applying made application easier. Is this true? If it's as easy as it looked in the video, may buy a few

If they had been on a par with pinbalcentres prices I may have been interested.That being said,I do like the designs and do appreciate the discount that's offered to the group

I think those POTC Map sideblades would look good in my Stern(Mypinballs) Indiana jones :cool:

Stern, Data East, and Sega are all interchangeable so you could even put Batman 66 blades in a in a Tommy if you wanted to. No rules here! ;)

I' hoping that a set comes out for Black Rose, not sure of how they should look though.

They will be available one day soon.

Saw a video that suggested spraying with windolene before applying made application easier. Is this true? If it's as easy as it looked in the video, may buy a few

You can if you want but that kind of faff is really unnecessary, plus I think that really only applies to inside art where both sides are on the same backing paper, so you have to remove one or both completely first, leaving a full sticky surface and no great way to align them. Mine are separated, so all you have to do is hold them in place, peel away an inch or two from one corner and then stick it down. From there you can peel the rest of the backing from underneath and just smooth along.

I wonder if @PeteB has a idiots guide to installing them?

I will make a video soon, but it's basically just going to be the same as what this guy does only with a lot less faff (I can show you have to install them in about 30 seconds):

If they had been on a par with pinbalcentres prices I may have been interested.That being said,I do like the designs and do appreciate the discount that's offered to the group

Sorry the price is not to your liking, but it's great that we give everyone the option of not having to buy.

Pinball Center blades are just printed on standard vinyl with no protective coating so are very thin, and will scratch, and they're not pre-cut correctly to the cabinet shape. They always have to be trimmed by the customer or whoever is installing. Order 1 set of inside art from Pinball Center or from Retro Refurbs is a difference of about £14.80. So it's not a huge difference for the extra convenience.

I'm not knocking Pinball Center in any way, just highlighting that there are differences in the product, which equate to a difference in price. If you bought a set of PinBlades from Ministry of Pinball however, it would cost you approx £10 more however.

Pete, do you have to remove the playfield to install these in? Cheers.

I can do it without removing the playfield, but some people may prefer to lift it out. I learned to do this with mirror blades so decals are even easier.

Here's someone installing mirror blades without removing the playfield:

I can do it without removing the playfield, but some people may prefer to lift it out. I learned to do this with mirror blades so decals are even easier.

Here's someone installing mirror blades without removing the playfield:

Thanks man. I actually watched this last week as I have 4 sets of mirror blades to install which I'm being a total fanny about!

I thought you could do the same with the art but imagine it would trickier with something sticky, rather than a solid blade.

Today's new goodies:

Data East Star Wars:

1.jpg

Data East Star Wars - Sky:

1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom