What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Shooter Rod Maintenance

James

Site Supporter
Alias
James
Had someone over the other day for a couple of quick games and noticed a bit of a drag on a couple of the shooter rods. I must say I hadn't really payed any attention but both compared to TWD they feel a bit juddery on the pull back and release. At one point, oiling it up slightly was mentioned and this made me think as I am sure any oil or grease near a pin is a no no. So all, how do you maintain your rods?

6e628683c91aac10ba6ff24505870615.jpg

No oil !!!! It is a self lubricating bearing

Clean with IPA. Change the rubber from time to time, I tend to use white ones as they make the skillshots easier to gauge. Replace the plunger liner (like a long version of a coil liner). Replace the barrel spring on the outside when it is a bit crushed.

As @DRD said plus I buff my rods too ,to a nice shine ! Only thing to remember is to make sure you have cleaned off all the autosol off :thumbs:

The liners are brass and a sod to change. I wouldn’t bother. Clean up what you have and remove any roughness on the bushing with emery paper.

Back
Top Bottom