What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SHINE 2019 & UKCS FINALS (Munsters, JJP POTC & MB remake will all be there)

How is the taxi/bus network in B'ham? there are some cheap hotels with parking and breakfast 3 miles from the centre in edgbaston or is it worth paying more & sacrificing parking/breakfast to be in walking distance on the sat night...

How is the taxi/bus network in B'ham? there are some cheap hotels with parking and breakfast 3 miles from the centre in edgbaston or is it worth paying more & sacrificing parking/breakfast to be in walking distance on the sat night...
They've got Uber now haven't they?

not sure what Uber is? if its some sort of phone app it wont work on my old phone! thinking il go for the one nearby anyhow rather than mess about trying to get taxi's later

Just wanted to say looking forward to hosting Shine and UKCS this Sunday

Hopefully get to see some of you on Saturday day/night

I'm going to clean the machines and re level on Friday - but as its a commercial venue machines will be used from the point of cleaning till the event so if the machine been moved around please feel free to level or move them back into place.

I apologise in advanced if there are any issues/faults with the machines @Pick Holder is due in to give them a once over and fix any issues on Wednesday... On the day any issues report any issues to @Matt Vince for Shine machines and @DanLewell for UKCS and they will make any calls...

@Matt Vince and @DanLewell will be based upstairs in the new area so head up there to register etc - Upstairs will be closed to the pubic so everyone can base themselves up there!

As Tilt does not serve food please feel free to bring outside food in to eat upstairs but I kindly ask to tidy up afterwards - I'll put a bin bag upstairs for everyone to use etc

However I kindly ask not to bring outside drinks in unless for special dietary requirements etc

ONLY SERIOUS NOTE - We are open to the public, even though Sunday is generally a quieter day - If someone starts playing a machine wait for them to finish their game etc... I will be printing signs off to inform the public and also my staff will inform them as they come in...

Is there a list of machines that will be used for Shine & UKCS? And is the Shine format the same as last year (i.e. play all machines once, record scores, hand in and top x go into playoffs)
Thanks

There is a list of games (and players) on the Tilt website.

The format will be very similar to previous years, but with more a couple less qualifying games and more people qualifying for the finals.

I will put out a more detailed post later.

GROUND FLOOR
STERN - THE MUNSTERS (PRO)
STERN - BATMAN 66 (PREMIUM)
STERN - IRON MAIDEN (PREMIUM)
STERN - GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY (PRO)
STERN - STAR WARS (PRO)
STERN - GHOSTBUSTERS (PREMIUM)
JERSEY JACK - DIALLED IN!
JERSEY JACK - PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN
FIRST FLOOR
SPOOKY PINBALL - TNA
CHICAGO GAMING COMPANY - MEDIEVAL MADNESS REMAKE

WILLIAMS - MONSTER BASH
BALLY - SCARED STIFF
BALLY - THEATRE OF MAGIC
WILLIAMS - CREATURE OF THE BLACK LAGOON
WILLIAMS - TWILIGHT ZONE
BASEMENT
STERN - GAME OF THRONES (LE)
STERN - SPIDER-MAN
WILLIAMS - JUNKYARD
WILLIAMS - CONGO

Ukcs is going to played upstairs so machines will be picked from the upstairs machines. We're bringing some classics along for the day as well. Classics will be two from Flash Gordon, blackjack & eight ball.

will be coming on down around noon armed with raffle prizes and laminated flyers to raise more funds

last time it was Flash Gordon signed by Flash (Sam Jones) this time its STAR TREK signed by the one and only James T Kirk (William Shatner) There are online pictures of the Shat signing it for me so it has provenance LOL8000780008

If anyone else has prizes that they can being along for the raffle they would be gratefully received!

The format of the competition will be as follows:

All players choose 10 out of 12 machines to play to qualify for the finals. The top 24 (assuming over 48 players) will qualify, with the top 8 getting a bye into the quarter final.

The finals will be seeded head 2 head best of 3 in all rounds except the final which will be 3 games in a 4 player mini league.

We have had lots of great prizes donated by the members of our very generous community for the raffle. Tickets will be available on the day!

Here are the final standings for the Shine Comp:

1​
Simon Peacock
2​
Nick Marshall
3​
Andy Foster
4​
Kirk Sadler
5​
Rich Mallett
6​
Greg Mott
7​
Sam McCourt
8​
Matt Vince
9​
Craig Pullen
10​
Dan Williams
11​
David Mainwaring
12​
Tim Thornton
13​
Hal Cullity
14​
Paul Owen
15​
Thomas Evrenos
16​
Jessie Walker
17​
Wayne johns
18​
Leo Marshall
19​
James Watson
20​
David Tucker
21​
Stan Simpson
22​
Ed Duckworth
23​
Phil Dixon
Peter Blakemore
David Hall
26​
Nick Hamill
27​
Tom Fletcher
28​
Tim Porter
28​
Ian Walmsley
30​
Punk Stig
31​
Alex Berta
32​
Phoebe Lewell
32​
Steven Smith
34​
Mike Parkins
35​
Steve Pagett
36​
Vin Jauhal
37​
Malcolm Bradbury
38​
Dan Lewell
38​
Nick Hill
40​
Sarah Vince
41​
Caroline Abbott
42​
Roy Smith
43​
Jim King
44​
Aid Cooper
45​
Gareth Arnold
46​
Effie Lewell
47​
Michelle O'Flanagan
48​
Lucy Vince
49​
Simon Harper
50​
Edina Berta
51​
Ben Leigh
52​
Oona Bradbury
53​
Daniel Vince
54​
Katie Vince

Awesome work from everyone involved with the set up - Matt, Sarah and a tired set of children. Dan and a tired set of children. Kirk and a tired set of employees.

Hope we raised loads for the charity -sorry I held everything up, I believe everyone made it home safe after the late late finish. Hopefully a new format for next year and possibly not running it with another tourney will prevent UKCS issues.

Very many thanks to Matt and Dan for all their hard work in running the two comps and Kirk for hosting not forgetting all the helpers big and small. Children were amazing as mine would have been kicking off way before the end and they were incredible to survive the whole day as they did. Do feel for Sarah, Dan and others delayed by the overrunning comps. No-one's fault, just think was always going to be too much to fit in one day.

Food for thought for future years. I know Dan is going to consider alternative formats for UKCS which some players would welcome, but similarly others like the existing format! Never easy and can't please everyone. Furthermore not always easy to find the ideal venue or set up around the country.

Nonetheless it was a very enjoyable day of pinball despite not getting home until gone 2, absolutely shattered!

Very well done to Matt for winning UKCS and Simon on his first win with the Shine comp.

You made the train then. :thumbs:

I've got your UKCS trophy and some prize money to give you next time I see you.

Lou was gobsmacked that I'd managed to bring a trophy home. One day I'm going to shock her properly and actually win one!?

Ha! I left my Shine trophy downstairs in the rush to get out (you could have gone home with two) so if anyone is able to pick it up and bring to the next midlands league meet, that'd be great

Echo all said above. Big thanks to all and had a great time at my first Tilt visit. My fingers and liver now need a rest!

If anyone has pics from the day they don't mind sharing i would be gratefull. I was so busy i didn't take a single one!

Back
Top Bottom