SHINE 2019 & UKCS FINALS (Munsters, JJP POTC & MB remake will all be there)

SHINE 2019 & UKCS FINALS (Munsters, JJP POTC & MB remake will all be there)
Posted by Tilt_Birmingham
Tilt
Sunday, February 24, 2019 - 09:00 AM
Until: Sunday, February 24, 2019 - 10:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

Start: Sunday, February 24, 2019 - 09:00 AM
End: Sunday, February 24, 2019 - 10:00 PM

PUP

May 13, 2015
Southport
How is the taxi/bus network in B'ham? there are some cheap hotels with parking and breakfast 3 miles from the centre in edgbaston or is it worth paying more & sacrificing parking/breakfast to be in walking distance on the sat night...

MartinY

Site Supporter
Nov 18, 2017
Hampshire
How is the taxi/bus network in B'ham? there are some cheap hotels with parking and breakfast 3 miles from the centre in edgbaston or is it worth paying more & sacrificing parking/breakfast to be in walking distance on the sat night...
They've got Uber now haven't they?

PUP

May 13, 2015
Southport
not sure what Uber is? if its some sort of phone app it wont work on my old phone! thinking il go for the one nearby anyhow rather than mess about trying to get taxi's later

OP
OP
Tilt_Birmingham

Tilt_Birmingham

Apr 26, 2016
birmingham
Just wanted to say looking forward to hosting Shine and UKCS this Sunday

Hopefully get to see some of you on Saturday day/night

I'm going to clean the machines and re level on Friday - but as its a commercial venue machines will be used from the point of cleaning till the event so if the machine been moved around please feel free to level or move them back into place.

I apologise in advanced if there are any issues/faults with the machines @Pick Holder is due in to give them a once over and fix any issues on Wednesday... On the day any issues report any issues to @Matt Vince for Shine machines and @DanLewell for UKCS and they will make any calls...

@Matt Vince and @DanLewell will be based upstairs in the new area so head up there to register etc - Upstairs will be closed to the pubic so everyone can base themselves up there!

As Tilt does not serve food please feel free to bring outside food in to eat upstairs but I kindly ask to tidy up afterwards - I'll put a bin bag upstairs for everyone to use etc

However I kindly ask not to bring outside drinks in unless for special dietary requirements etc

ONLY SERIOUS NOTE - We are open to the public, even though Sunday is generally a quieter day - If someone starts playing a machine wait for them to finish their game etc... I will be printing signs off to inform the public and also my staff will inform them as they come in...

Reactions: PBrookfield

windoesnot

Site Supporter
Aug 10, 2014
Lancashire
Is there a list of machines that will be used for Shine & UKCS? And is the Shine format the same as last year (i.e. play all machines once, record scores, hand in and top x go into playoffs)
Thanks

Matt Vince

Jul 21, 2011
Sussex
There is a list of games (and players) on the Tilt website.

The format will be very similar to previous years, but with more a couple less qualifying games and more people qualifying for the finals.

I will put out a more detailed post later.

OP
OP
Tilt_Birmingham

Tilt_Birmingham

Apr 26, 2016
birmingham
GROUND FLOOR
STERN - THE MUNSTERS (PRO)
STERN - BATMAN 66 (PREMIUM)
STERN - IRON MAIDEN (PREMIUM)
STERN - GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY (PRO)
STERN - STAR WARS (PRO)
STERN - GHOSTBUSTERS (PREMIUM)
JERSEY JACK - DIALLED IN!
JERSEY JACK - PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN
FIRST FLOOR
SPOOKY PINBALL - TNA
CHICAGO GAMING COMPANY - MEDIEVAL MADNESS REMAKE

WILLIAMS - MONSTER BASH
BALLY - SCARED STIFF
BALLY - THEATRE OF MAGIC
WILLIAMS - CREATURE OF THE BLACK LAGOON
WILLIAMS - TWILIGHT ZONE
BASEMENT
STERN - GAME OF THRONES (LE)
STERN - SPIDER-MAN
WILLIAMS - JUNKYARD
WILLIAMS - CONGO

Reactions: new forest pinball

DanLewell

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2011
Northampton, UK
Ukcs is going to played upstairs so machines will be picked from the upstairs machines. We're bringing some classics along for the day as well. Classics will be two from Flash Gordon, blackjack & eight ball.

steve brum

Site Supporter
Feb 15, 2015
Birmingham
will be coming on down around noon armed with raffle prizes and laminated flyers to raise more funds

last time it was Flash Gordon signed by Flash (Sam Jones) this time its STAR TREK signed by the one and only James T Kirk (William Shatner) There are online pictures of the Shat signing it for me so it has provenance LOL8000780008

Matt Vince

Jul 21, 2011
Sussex
The format of the competition will be as follows:

All players choose 10 out of 12 machines to play to qualify for the finals. The top 24 (assuming over 48 players) will qualify, with the top 8 getting a bye into the quarter final.

The finals will be seeded head 2 head best of 3 in all rounds except the final which will be 3 games in a 4 player mini league.

We have had lots of great prizes donated by the members of our very generous community for the raffle. Tickets will be available on the day!