What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SF2 menu issues???

Eric Bousquet

Registered
Hey guys,

I was hoping someone here would be able to help me with my Gottlieb street fighter 2 pin restoration.

I picked it up a month or so ago and it was working fine but the DMD didn't work.

I repaired the DMD board and all was working fine to that point so I decided to begin the restoration process.

All the flippers needed to be replaced so that's where I started. I did so and I also rebuilt the 3 PF flippers. So when I was done I went to test them out and not the game will not coin up.

I've been loosing my mind trying to figure this out for the last week.

A little background first:

The interlock switch never triggered the menu (it was on my list of things to repair and as far as I can tell is not functional although the physical "switch" is good) but it didn't matter so much because it was already set to FREE PLAY so I didn't need to get into it per say.

The coin door in not original and the previous owner hacked the original harness into the one that's there. But again it was functional and didn't affect play when I got it.

I've tried to trace down a broken connector or a bad wire using the switch matrix with no luck...

Also, when I put it in "test" mode I cannot navigate with the Left or Right flippers but yet thy still give the small spark when pushed.

I'm clearly waaayyyy out of my league here and I was hoping someone here has some experience with Gottliebs and could point me in the right direction.

ANY help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

ERIC

A blown fuse and/or corresponding transistor will prevent the game from starting. So check your fuses then check the transistors on the driver board. Then check that you've not wired the rebuilt flippers up incorrectly! Do all this before putting any power on the game.

Good luck !

Back
Top Bottom