What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Service Outlet Spike 2

Sako-TRG

Site Supporter
Gents,
Is there a reason the service outlet is taped off on Spike 2 - see photo:-
Not sure if this is unique to UK builds as US machines aren’t taped off?
6ED2C185-7983-4906-9BFC-7D89D830E3F1.jpeg

Yeah I’m pretty sure that in CE now having something like that is no longer permitted. Or maybe it’s just not rated for 220v

Yeah I’m pretty sure that in CE now having something like that is no longer permitted. Or maybe it’s just not rated for 220v
Yeah, didn’t want to tamper with it as I know the US build ones are definitely open - for plugging in devices, soldering irons, test units etc.....
The Mod couple Bat Signal relay device was designed to plug in here and the mod connection was USA 3 pin - this service outlet would have to be converted to 220 volt UK supply so maybe understand why it’s sealed off, maybe Stern didn’t fully complete the service supply to work in UK.
I got around it by purchasing a step down voltage converter and bypassed the Pin machine altogether and powering the projector from the AC which is the safer option.

Yeah, didn’t want to tamper with it as I know the US build ones are definitely open - for plugging in devices, soldering irons, test units etc.....
The Mod couple Bat Signal relay device was designed to plug in here and the mod connection was USA 3 pin - this service outlet would have to be converted to 220 volt UK supply so maybe understand why it’s sealed off, maybe Stern didn’t fully complete the service supply to work in UK.
I got around it by purchasing a step down voltage converter and bypassed the Pin machine altogether and powering the projector from the AC which is the safer option.

Yeah I just plugged the step down into the wall and plug the relay into that and have it on an Alexa plug that turns them both on and off when I ask Alexa to turn the game on or off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Yeah I just plugged the step down into the wall and plug the relay into that and have it on an Alexa plug that turns them both on and off when I ask Alexa to turn the game on or off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Back
Top Bottom