What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Selling support real estate

hi there,
Can some advise me what is the best real estate selling support in UK?
I mean online.
Thanks

What are you selling and where? There really is no generic place that I could recommend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

My parents are selling their great house. As they live in a very sought after area by uk people, I was just looking for a selling support in your country to help them.
Thanks

For any property you need to go and assess the situation in person. Indeed, pretend to be a buyer first and see how estate agents treat people interested in the properties they are selling. Go on a fake viewing with each agent to test how capable they are. Then decide who you want to use.

Estate agents vary enormously. Some only have one office. Others are national chains. You cannot generalise how good or bad they may be.

It is critical that they advertise the property on the uk's two most important property websites

Zoopla.co.uk
Rightmove.co.uk

A good agent will give you weekly/ monthly feedback on how many hits the property is receiving on the website.

If you do not know the agent personally, consider appointing two of them.

The vast majority of house sales in the UK - 95% plus ? involve an estate agent.

Under UK law people can say they will buy a house then just change their minds. The seller can likewise behave this way. There is no requirement to act in good faith. They are only committed to legally conclude the transaction when contracts are "exchanged".

Because of this many sales fall through. Buyers perhaps cannot sell their own house, so will not have the funds to buy yours. Or they change their minds. Or they cannot raise the money from a bank. Or something nasty comes out in due diligence.

You might get involved in a "chain" where all the other deals need to happen before your house sells.

If you are in a hot property market (London and the South East) properties can sell quite efficiently but elsewhere in the UK it can be a nightmare.

I don't know whether you can advertise privately on those websites.

I may be wrong but I get the impression your parents house is in France but in an area the Brits like to buy holiday homes in? Is that right?

What is it exactly that you are looking for? A place to advertise a potential holiday home in France for English people?

Back
Top Bottom