What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sega BF Display problem - after 30mins

highjon

Registered
My BF display has recently started to flicker / drift / distort after 30mins - 1hr of being powered on.

It is perfect when I turn it on but soon starts to flicker / stretch / drift. Not de-gassing.

Initially thought to reseat ribbon cable connectors, but that didnt work. Checked all the earth connections were tight also.

I reckon it will be the main capacitors on the display driver board. After removing the display to inspect it I notice that the circuit board is sandwiched onto the display unit itself, making it difficult to de-solder any component. ie relace the large capacitors

How on earth do you access the underside of this circuit board? I dont want to break it by forcing it apart.

One capacitor is running hotter than the other, but if I let it cool down it returns to normal for a while.

Any ideas appreciated

cheers

John

ps - anyone got a Batman forever manual for sale?

Back
Top Bottom