What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sad :(

Paul

Staff member
Alias
Toibs
Sad to see some of the goings on over on the Yahoo group today. To top it off it seems like one of the well respected guys over there (Well, a guy i have the utmost respect for) has had enough and decided to leave there.

It's always sad to see things like this happen, and i know that he's not the first and will probably not be the last. I find myself thinking again (as i did last time) wether it's worth the effort of joining the groups we have here and the one we have there - I know that most of you guys are members on both, and would like to see the joining of the two groups, however i have to say that i'd not be looking forward to thread after thread of "how much is this worth" etc etc and people ranting about prices. At the end of the day, it is what it is - i spose the benefit of this format is that i could just open a "price enquiry" thread and leave those discussions to happen away from the rest - i suppose that is where this format has it's benefit.

Anyhow, hopefully things will blow over. My personal feeling is that things are not the same over there and havent been for a while, as they used to be. Things seem much less "how can i fix this" orientated, and much more "how much can i get for this pin". I spose when prices go up as rapidly as they have done recently it will breed two camps - one that believe that Pins are for enjoyment, and cost is secondary, and the other group that believe that price is paramount.

For the record i;m one that always has (in the past, and will do in the future) put something up for offer, and taken what it goes for, rather than wanting over the odds for things, however if replacing a pin i can see both sides of the arguement. I guess we are all victims of our own aim to popularise pinball as a hobby.

Lets just keep things peaceful here guys
smile-1.png

Paul

Martin is not about to moderate the group and yes it has got a bit fractious,It just goes to show that money is the root of all evil.:suspect:

Unless I'm mistaken, you CANT moderate a YahooGroup, can you?? The root of it, is that it's a mailing list at the end of the day, so once a message has gone out, it's out and in peoples inbox's. Unless I suppose you set all messages to be approved before posting but that would be a mammoth task.

Other than that, I can't comment. I can't remember exactly when I unsubscribed and left the list / group, but knowing where I was living at the time, it was prior to summer 2003 and I left the pinball scene entirely as I was sick of it. Have recently been tempted back, basically because someone pointed me in the direction of this forum, and I liked what I saw
tongue-1.png
(Oh, that and league meets now exist - and I like them too!)

We are only in our infancy, and the original intention was to effectively run the forum and the Yahoo group in parallel - however issues have arrisen where it;s not as easy as that (and at the moment would cost £££ to allow us to do this) so currently things run separately.

If there is anything you would like to see here though, or if you have any suggestions, please let me know
smile-1.png

It was the main reason I left the yahoo group, I was sick to death of the "how much is this, I paid this, it's worth this, ooh that looks nice" posts when the reason I got into pinball was to PLAY the blummin things. The group used to be all about fixing/helping/playing but just became too asinine for me. Oddly I still get phone calls telling me that this or that has happened on the group, it was a nice little community but it seemed to be about jockeying for position and showing off by the end of my time there.

keep things peacefull?

Screw you poopy head;)

Was wondering what peoples fave "non standard/not normal"pin mechs were on games?

My top three are

1)Roto targets

2)vari targets

3)zipper flippers

wonder if there is a game with all three?Love th roto's on CowPoke,as well as the Backbox Animation

Tis, indeed very sad. However, it is noticeable that pretty much all of the people stirring on the Yahoo group are

1) active contributors here

2) have repeatedly pushed on about how fantastic the forum is to the yahoo group...! :eek:

I have had to take time away from the crap that is at the moment the yahoo group.

Lets just hope the same does not happen here. And in time it will be a better place to return to.

D.

my vote would be stop talking about the negatives and move on.

simples

wink-1.png

in all seriousness however though it would be great if the forum stayed friendly as the layout and features of it excellent and far more 'colourful' for a bright and fun past-time.

i still post occaisionally on the group and read it pretty much every day.

forums,and groups sadly will never be 100% friendly and there will always be someone arguing over nothing.

there will also be occaisions that arguements are justified and fellow forumites will take one side or another....this is when a good moderating team can nip it in the bud without the need to ban people. trust me though...there will be bans at some point.lol

on that note i still consider myself a pinball noob and tend to stay away from arguements on the whole.

far too many keyboard warriors out there for my liking!

remember folks........if something offends you report it to a mod.

tumblr_lie5w10FOC1qi749io1_400-1.png

biggrin-1.png

replicas' date=' post: 1688677 said:
I have had to take time away from the crap that is at the moment the yahoo group.

Lets just hope the same does not happen here. And in time it will be a better place to return to.

D.

Ditto

BTW that Tron pic is scary

Prefer Lara at The NLPS
wink-1.png
[attachment=288:Lara Croft.JPG]

The irony being there are more people over there now whinging about the amount of price threads they are, than there are actually price threads!

Back
Top Bottom