What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Run-dmd Clock #2 - The second coming....

You're giving those kids to much pocket money.
Perhaps Chris's kids love him enough to get him the best Christmas present ever for a pinhead!

Or dad just gets what he wants, raps it and tell the kids they bought if for his Christmas.

Whatever way it's a great present to get for a pinhead to get, love mine!

PS have a safe drive back.

For those that have a clock that requires updating....

1. Download the latest Run-DMD image (https://rundmdimage.wordpress.com/)

2. Download HDD Raw Copy Tool

3. Select the downloaded image as source, and your SD card as target (double check so you don't overwrite anything else).

4. Write the image to the SD card, add it to your Run-DMD and push down button 3 when applying power and push button 4 when the correct test pattern is displayed.

5. Done! :)

Reactions: Diw
Does this thing pick up the correct time if you only turn it on now and again, like you possibly would in a games room?

Presume you simply turn it on at the wall socket, wait for a little boot up process, then it works? (after some initial set-up, naturally).

Mine keeps time when turned off. Haven't looked but there'll be a battery in there. Required no set up at all. Even the correct time had been set [emoji106]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Oh, only have a Mac, raw copy tool only on windows. Anyone know of a work around, if not will hunt down a mate with windows

Yes, these contain a 2032 (I think) battery, so will retain the time. The status of the battery is displayed on cold start up.

Just an update on the outstanding clicks - am due to be back in the uk next wed/Thursday, so looking to get these shipped out Thursday/Friday :)
Apologies for the delay (crap timing!).

I need to do this but feel like a computer dinosaur and don't want to spoil a very nice clock.

I'll look at a mail exchange update for these once this last run is complete for those not comfortable in updating themselves...

Ok - so to be able to get these out at the end of this week/start of next week at the latest, am looking to collect the final deposits slightly earlier than I would usually (I have all the materials, and the last 3/4 to assemble) - the rest are complete.

So - if those that are in the last 9 could pay the outstanding deposit (£140)and shipping/packaging (£19) - so total £159 - as a friends/family PayPal payment to paul@pinballinfo.com then that means they can be shipped as soon as completed...

IMPORTANT - please remember to put your forum username and full delivery address in the notes with your payment, so I know where to send and who you are!!!

Many thanks!
Paul

I'll look at a mail exchange update for these once this last run is complete for those not comfortable in updating themselves...
Cheers Paul,

I'm sure it's not rocket science I'll give it a good but it's good to know that your here to help if/when needed.

Thanks

That made me laugh Paul - I don't know what a mail exchange is! You are dealing with IT dinosaurs ;-)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

And everything was going swimmingly........

Had some more Displays delivered whilst i was away to allow me to do the last few of these.
However the displays are slightly different - pixel size is slightly smaller. HOWEVER these are able to display red or Green - So a little advantage there.
They no longer have stocks of the original displays.

Same animations etc etc..

Going to need to order some new hardware for these, since they mount using M4 and not M3 as the original ones, however no change in cost.

If you would rather one of these then let me know - there are 3 available.

If you REALLY want one of the original ones as opposed to the newer ones, let me know!

Hardware ordered - should be here tomorrow :)

Just trying to sort videos so you can see what the newer one looks like...

EDIT :
Green - http://tinypic.com/r/53uyko/9
Red - http://tinypic.com/r/11kf68j/9

So as you can see, the pixels are slightly smaller and more defined - just want to make sure you guys are happy with it (sorry about the shoddy Iphone camera work!).
Also these are just "placed" together, and dont resemble the finished product!!

Last edited:
Ok - so to be able to get these out at the end of this week/start of next week at the latest, am looking to collect the final deposits slightly earlier than I would usually (I have all the materials, and the last 3/4 to assemble) - the rest are complete.

So - if those that are in the last 9 could pay the outstanding deposit (£140)and shipping/packaging (£19) - so total £159 - as a friends/family PayPal payment to paul@pinballinfo.com then that means they can be shipped as soon as completed...

IMPORTANT - please remember to put your forum username and full delivery address in the notes with your payment, so I know where to send and who you are!!!

Many thanks!
Paul

@Diw @chris b ;)

Back
Top Bottom