What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rudy Test

Kenny Taylor

Registered
Looking to get Rudy working perfect as he doesn’t do the surprised look. Can someone provide a video of their Rudy so I can compare :)
Thanks..

Last edited:
Kenny, you have a fault.

The eyelids have three positions

1 fully open (surprised)
2 partly open, where the eyelid covers part of the iris
3 closed

When the eyes are opened, the eyelids should open fully then fall down about 5mm from their fully open position.

In normal gameplay the eyelids then rest in this partly open position.

The levers and solenoids in rudy are quite sensitive to alignment, and over time a coil end stop can move and restrict the free movement of the nylon links

D

Plenty of spare parts available for rudy from the usual suspects. It is all quite logical how he works once you remove his skull and face.

I think the original fault I had years ago was his eyes were not opening all the time. I fixed this, but didn’t use all the parts I bought. However after watching a video of Funhouse recently I noted Rudy eye lids were not working as they should..

Feck, think I’m guilty of this. Ayee I now remember we glued this as a temp fix till I sourced the new plungers. But as it held up I never got round to changing them and then forgot I had them. Was actually looking for the springs which I thought I’d bought and came across those plungers. Although I wouldn’t have thought this small margin would have caused this issue. Really should have replaced those plungers then.. Dum dum..

Many thanks for your help :)

Installing Rudy back in Funhouse. Unfortunately I had another issue where Rudy would not detect a ball in its mouth. These things operate by small margins all right + my eye sight is short sited however it's in the middle at the moment where I'm not quite at the bi-focals stage but prefer removing my glasses for close up work. So I get a bit flustered especially in this heat. Anyways after checking the connections and cleaning the opto's which were all ok. I then looked at rudy and noticed the bottom where the coil rests was slightly bent which in turn meant the post was sitting too high to allow the switch to detect a ball. Bent that back and hey presto back working :)

Now it needs a good clean and wax, not doing it in this heat. Off to wash the cars :)

Thanks to Chris and Phil.

Back
Top Bottom