What's new

Roadshow Issue....

marcoos_1

Registered
Alias
Mark McC
So.......I assembled my new Roadshow for the first time tonight. I noticed there was a connector off underneath the playfield which I spotted when giving it a quick once-over before powering it up for the first time. I (probably) wrongly assumed that it had just come off during transit, but now I suspect not. It looks like the connector that goes onto a small board near the bulldozer arm thing in front of Ted's mouth. With the connector disconnected, the game seems to play OK, with the exception of the buldozer opening to access Teds mouth (pretty obvious I guess). From watching videos online this piece is supposed to raise and lower at certain times during play?

But when I connect it and power up the game, I get a whirring noise and the sound of a soleniod continually actuating. If I wait long enough it eventually stops and when I try to play (if it lets me) I get a "Locating Pinballs" message and then if it starts I get 2 balls each time in the shooter lane insted of one? It also appears that when hitting Ted (or the bulldoxer in front of him) it doesn't cycle through the days of the week as it does with the connector off?

Pics of the parts here and (hopefully) a short video of the solenoid that activates (it just keeps cycling). Thanks in advance for your help. I'm pretty new to all this so I hope my description makes sense.

View attachment 20200617_204651.mp4

Attachments

• 20200617_204342.jpg
    20200617_204342.jpg
    125.7 KB · Views: 15
Back
Top Bottom