What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Riveting Plastics - System 11

DRD

Registered
image.jpeg sorry if this is an old one, but what tools do you need to rivet ramps and plastics like these ?

Where do you buy the tool and correct the rivets please ?

You need a rivet press or clamp, and the only place that I know of for the rivets is Pinrestore.
If you want to send what you need to me I can do them for you.
D.

Reactions: DRD
You need a rivet press or clamp, and the only place that I know of for the rivets is Pinrestore.
If you want to send what you need to me I can do them for you.
D.
I'm lucky. We have one of these beauties at work.

IMG_0736.JPG

Reactions: DRD
Thank you for the help.

I am amazed at how difficult it is to source the relevant kit. I had a quick look and could not find anywhere in the uk that sells a 1/8" rivet press. Even Pinrestore does not stock the clamps.

A pair of Rivet setting dies from here : http://www.pinrestore.com/Riveting.html
And a press like here : https://www.machinemart.co.uk/p/clarke-ap500b-1-2-ton-arbor-press/

Drill the base and head to fit the dies in, and that will suffice for most pin-related use :)

Thread resurrection time...

Is as Paul mentioned still the best way to go?

I'm looking at using 3mm rivets as they are only .1mm smaller then the 1/8" originals.

I can find 100's of varieties of the semi tube rivets in M3 but I can't figure find an M3 punch. Grrr

So..... I didnt get the rivet dies from the USA, I did get a 1/2 ton Arbor press from MachineMart for £30 quid with a coupon, I did get a 2mm eyelet punch set from china for a few quid.

Today I made this...
View attachment 70989

View attachment 70990

The results....
View attachment 70991

View attachment 70992

View attachment 70993
So..... I didnt get the rivet dies from the USA, I did get a 1/2 ton Arbor press from MachineMart for £30 quid with a coupon, I did get a 2mm eyelet punch set from china for a few quid.

Today I made this...
View attachment 70989

View attachment 70990

The results....
View attachment 70991

View attachment 70992

View attachment 70993[/

Today I made this...
View attachment 70989

View attachment 70990

The results....
View attachment 70991

View attachment 70992

View attachment 70993
Where did you get the rivets from and size please, I need to fit switches to the new ramp.

Alan

I got them from China via Ebay. They are not brass like the originals and take a little more force to press, although aluminium is available. M3 is about 0.1mm smaller than the originals, end result is the same though but removing them in the future may take a little more effort as they are harder.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/m.html?_...kw=M3+Truss+Head+Semi-Tubular+Rivets&_sacat=0

Length all depends on the location, most common seems to be 6mm.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom