What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Riveter suitable for plastic parts

Do these work on metal ramp rivets as I was warned they were limited in the amount of pressure you could apply. Though, I know some are using the die with a mallet.
I went down the route of modifying a 1 ton arbor press.
But you still need the die to compress the rivets and to modify it, just drill a hole for the die in the two sides of the press.

IMG_2891.jpeg

IMG_2895.jpeg

Do these work on metal ramp rivets as I was warned they were limited in the amount of pressure you could apply. Though, I know some are using the die with a mallet.
I went down the route of modifying a 1 ton arbor press.
But you still need the die to compress the rivets and to modify it, just drill a hole for the die in the two sides of the press.

View attachment 238847

View attachment 238846
Been using mine fine on various plastics and metals a like. The tubular rivets clamp fine and tight. Also can apply whatever pressure you need to do it gradually. So for instance you are less likely to crack plastics from too much pressure.

I had a rivet press similar to what you had on a long term loan. Once the person wanted it back I got the one linked.

I bought the one linked as well, looked at messing about making something up.
You can put whatever pressure you dare, used it on both metal and plastic. Child’s play!
Only regret, wish I bought one years ago.

@s000m, as you have used both Is this kit on par, better or worse?
Took me 30 minutes to modify the press, so it wasn't a hard job if you have the tools, the key to me was having locally sourced parts as I hate the wait for stuff from the US.
The dies I have are from CPC, but I can't find them on their site, though I do have a spare set. I do wonder if there are better dies out there I could modify to fit my press.

@s000m, as you have used both Is this kit on par, better or worse?
Took me 30 minutes to modify the press, so it wasn't a hard job if you have the tools, the key to me was having locally sourced parts as I hate the wait for stuff from the US.
The dies I have are from CPC, but I can't find them on their site, though I do have a spare set. I do wonder if there are better dies out there I could modify to fit my press.
As @M4carp says honestly it's just better.

I wouldn't go back.

I use an airplane rivet tool similar to this
Works very well for hollow steel and aluminum full.

Where do you get extra rivets for this, Scott?
We have these in stock

Back
Top Bottom