What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RFM Updates

Would you be doing things like you did with Indy ? Like adding modes from AFM or different audio and stuff?
Amazing to think that after all this time RFM is getting some cool treatment and after seeing what you have done with Indy I for one am leaking a bit of fluid at the prospect of this
Good luck with it all ???????????????????????????????

That Indy stuff is very impressive, was following that thread on Pinside for some time before I joined the dots and realised it was you. Would you ever want to be a game designer for Stern or JJP @myPinballs ?

That Indy stuff is very impressive, was following that thread on Pinside for some time before I joined the dots and realised it was you. Would you ever want to be a game designer for Stern or JJP @myPinballs ?

Im happy doing my own thing, been my own boss and going the way I feel

I did a 2 year stint at zidware with John Popadiuk. That was enough.. :)

Not sure yet. We don’t want to upset anyone, but I’d like to for sure. Watch this space I guess. I’m not done yet either on updates

As stated previously, as long as it's a not-for-sale community mod, it's fair use and there's absolutely no reason or recourse for anyone to kick up a fuss ... though some have form.

Interested to see what you come up with.

Im happy doing my own thing, been my own boss and going the way I feel

I did a 2 year stint at zidware with John Popadiuk. That was enough.. :)

I never gathered ... did you ever visit him in the US during that period, or was it entirely remote?

Absolutely cracking work again Jim - it’s awesome that you’ve taken this and breathed some new life into it!!
Fingers crossed those that know will allow it to be released!!

I never gathered ... did you ever visit him in the US during that period, or was it entirely remote?

Yeah I went to Chicago 4 times over the 2 years. Stayed at his house, met his wife and kids, drive around Chicago with him pointing out old pinball factories and landmarks, that sort of crazy ****...

Look up my chats on thisflippinpodcast if you want to hear about the ‘journey’

Would you be doing things like you did with Indy ? Like adding modes from AFM or different audio and stuff?
Amazing to think that after all this time RFM is getting some cool treatment and after seeing what you have done with Indy I for one am leaking a bit of fluid at the prospect of this
Good luck with it all ???????????????????????????????

No this is different from the Indy work and also the Whirlwind work I've done. This is an update that will run on original hardware and pinbox, not a p-roc start from scratch job whilst clearing your calendar for 7 years! There are things that can be done, but its not as free reign as a p-roc project. There's no cost to the end user for this type of update either. The cost from p-roc projects comes from the requirement for new hardware, especially the p-roc cost itself

This is what's in the update so far. This isn't a finished thing yet. If owners have ideas for additional rule updates then suggest away and I'll see what is possible. Please don't suggest things though unless you know the game well.

V2.0 RFM Update

Secret Weapon - altered the amount of speech in the mode when shots made
Secret Weapon - added ROUND X FIGHT speech with adj option to mode start
Secret Weapon - added stooge fight move to ramp shots
Secret Weapon - decreased punch and kick move effectiveness for easy centre shots
Secret Weapon - Added language translations for name and settings using google translate
Secret Weapon - Saucer light now requires completing all robot-lincoln moves
Secret Weapon - Martian now rejuvenates if Abe is idle for too long
Circle Shots - Missile Champ Added
Circle Shots - Missile awards now offer Martian bombs at certain thresholds
Circle Shots - Missile awards now offer Ball Save restart at certain thresholds
Circle Shots - Missile points awards are bigger and easier to get, plus there more of them
Circle Shots - Missiles total now awards a champ entry if beaten
Hypnobeam - Beams destroyed now awards a champ entry if beaten
Attract - Missile Champ Screen Added
Attract - Hypnobeam Champ Added
Attract - added more speech call options to flipper button presses
Attract - Removed Dillon Tribute to gain more ram space
Scene - Now can start from the saucer modes in the centre
Ball Save - Balls are now autolaunched form shooter lane at correct time
Service Mode - updated video test alignment image to save ram, 200k freed
Service Mode - cleaned up brightness/contrast levels on video test alignment image

XINA 1.23 Update
Video test alignment graphics optimised and cleaned up to free valuable flash memory
Test system info menu updated with more colours for versions
Test system info now states 'custom build' - lets not upset anyone! ;)
Ball Saver class changes for better game autolaunch in RFM build

As stated previously, as long as it's a not-for-sale community mod, it's fair use and there's absolutely no reason or recourse for anyone to kick up a fuss ... though some have form.

I'm not interested in getting into any kind of hot water, I really can't be bothered and just don't have the time or energy. If there are concerns from any ip holders or anyone gets upset, it won't get released at all. I've been down too many roads with too much **** in pinball already. This thread is purely for information and to share what myPinballs Electronics is able to do software development wise.

Are you making this available Jim?

What version are you running @kevlar i have a copy of 1.91 if you need it.

Revenge From Mars - Revision History

Version: 1.91 - 31 May, 2018
XINA Version: 1.22
(Changes From 1.90)

Added some new sounds, especially for attractmode "We are now in 3D..."

I'm not interested in getting into any kind of hot water, I really can't be bothered and just don't have the time or energy. If there are concerns from any ip holders or anyone gets upset, it won't get released at all. I've been down too many roads with too much **** in pinball already. This thread is purely for information and to share what myPinballs Electronics is able to do software development wise.

The only potential avenue for legitimate disagreement is the commercial use of your modified code. I.E. You should disable operator pricing stuff and make it a 'home use' mod. Hence why other modified WMS home ROMs are free play only and have the 'H' suffix. Cirqus Voltaire 2.0H for example.

What version are you running @kevlar i have a copy of 1.91 if you need it.

Revenge From Mars - Revision History

Version: 1.91 - 31 May, 2018
XINA Version: 1.22
(Changes From 1.90)

Added some new sounds, especially for attractmode "We are now in 3D..."

Please dont confuse earlier versions with what i am showing above. The version i am working on is v2.0. I built on top of v1.91

Also updating pinbox machines require a different approach than originals.

Aye, i was just asking Kev which one he was running. Yeah i have a VM image of pinbox running of v1.91, so did you disassemble the rom or do you have access to the source?

Aye, i was just asking Kev which one he was running. Yeah i have a VM image of pinbox running of v1.91, so did you disassemble the rom or do you have access to the source?
Not home ATM, on a train to Blackpool ? but it's whatever everyone else had before the recent talk of new updates. Pinbox.

Looking forward to seeing what Jim can do with this, there's certainly a lot of room for modernising the rules.

Shame on me. I checked tonight and i am running v1.4.
Bad news is that i wouldn't even know how to update to a later version anyway.

Shame on me. I checked tonight and i am running v1.4.
Bad news is that i wouldn't even know how to update to a later version anyway.

You can send me you original computer system and I can update to the last released version if you want. Its not free though. charged at £60 plus return postage and includes a health check of the computer itself.

Some more updates :

Stroke of Luck - Added ball save award
Stroke of Luck - Added collect bonus award
Stroke of Luck - Added 2 million award
Stroke of Luck - Removed saucer light award

Thoughts on better ways to award Hypno Beam? Currently the logic is at the 3rd sol award 'force' the hypnobeam award on the player!!! Not very random or a stroke of luck!

Perhaps some combo awards or increased scoring could be good both for modes and the multiballs.

Back
Top Bottom