RFM Updates

OP
OP
myPinballs

myPinballs

Nov 19, 2011
Pudsey UK
www.mypinballs.com
Sneak at some work in progress on the next update. Do not quote this rev as anything more than work in progress. There are more things I want to add and these notes may change..

V2.10 RFM Update - Work in Progress Only

Quick-Shot - Feature lamp effects improved for active hurry up
Quick-Shot - Added timer pausing for when ball enters/exits jets and upper lanes
Quick-Shot - Added timer pausing for when ball enters exits stroke of luck
Quick-Shot - fixed bug where some scenes background graphics were lost after hurry up ended (achieved or not)
Quick-Shot - Added speech for start and shot success
Question Mark - Percentage of mode selection updated. Autopsy now most likely mode
Question Mark - Martian Aerobics, renamed Martian Invaders
Capture Multiball - Added sneaky lock acknowledgement (lock from rear when lit avoiding diverter)
Circle Shots - Missiles are now only collected/fired when there is an unlit missile circle insert on the playfield
Circle Shots - Completing a set (4) missile shots now ups the bonus multiplier by 1 each time (on that ball)
Attract - updated lamp patterns to fix missing saucer rim 9 lamp on main pattern strobe
Skill Shot - Fixed Super Skill Shot activation which was broken
Outlane - Improved sound and speech calls logic

Last edited:
Jun 9, 2018
Lancashire UK
Thanks Jim,
I look forward to updating the software on the computer I bought from you for my RFM . Could I make a request? Is there any way to increase the volume of the game credit "Knocker". The old mechanical ones sound like a gun shot.. GREAT FUN, but the RFM digital knocker sounds more like a case of mild flatulence. Any chance of making it sound like a real rip snorter? ;-)

Ian

OP
OP
myPinballs

myPinballs

Nov 19, 2011
Pudsey UK
www.mypinballs.com
Had an idea for a hardware mod to make the ball trough a 6 ball trough instead of 4 . This could be enabled in a future update and would feed nicely into my add a ball updates and give more flexibility with multiballs.

I've added some new code and options to enable in my software update and have taken the trough apart this afternoon to upgrade the optos installed. The boards are designed for 6 balls. (Stripped the full trough down whilst I was there to)

IMG_3090.JPG IMG_3091.JPG IMG_3092.JPG

Now to add some extra drives for these new optos. For a full 6 ball experience I'm going to need to use 3-opto board from the likes of fish tales etc, as annoyingly there is only 1 spare output on the rfm 's 10-way opto board.

Last edited:

Will

FKA SOUTH COAST SLAM
Nov 8, 2011
Fortress Of Solitude
www.gentlemen4hire.com
Awesome simply awesome
Can’t wait to see this in action.

I know you mentioned a while back about ideas , don’t know if it’s possible but if would be really cool if you could change audio to maybe have the AFM music in one of the modes as a kinda tribute, or the drive in one have some audio from creature ?

Amazing work Jim 🤘🏼

OP
OP
myPinballs

myPinballs

Nov 19, 2011
Pudsey UK
www.mypinballs.com
Some updates on hardware changes i've been looking into.

Heres the list of things to look at (A combination of things i've come up with and have been suggested)

- Addition of Trough expansion to 6 balls
- Addition of all optos for the upper trough so you can lock balls physically for multiball
- Addition of properly controlled martian eyes (instead of fed of other lamps)
- Addition of a real knocker
- Addition of a shaker motor

Here are some screenshots on progress. Early days but will be testing things soon

IMG_3106.JPG IMG_3107.JPG IMG_3108.JPG IMG_3109.JPG IMG_3110.JPG IMG_3111.JPG IMG_3114.JPG IMG_3115.JPG