What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Expired RFM - closing this to start one with pictures

Expired Due to no activity

Snux

Site Supporter
Alias
Mark Sunnucks
I need to sort out some pics and switch out a couple of bulbs, then I'll get this posted properly for sale but I've got one question first. Assuming Martin is likely to come and collect it for the new owner, how do I pack it up? The previous owner delivered it to me on it's legs with the backbox in place so we just carried it in and done. Should I take it off the legs and remove the backbox? Doesn't look like much fun!

Before the pics here's the details anyways.....

Playfield is really good, only has slight wear at the point the trough ejects to the shooter lane. The rest of the playfield is really good looking.
For full disclosure the cab could do with a little TLC, decals are peeling a little and a couple of locks are missing - the back door is screwed on. Also the thread is stripped on one bolthole of the front leg plates so there is a nut on the inside to keep it all nice and tight.

Machine has a number of extras
- Jim's saucer mod
- Jim's 2.24 software running on a PC board running Pinbox
- Martians with lit up eyes
- Shaker motor
- Jim's six ball trough kit (not fitted)
- Original monitor replaced with LED screen

Also included is a spare PC motherboard of the same model as the one currently running in the machine, plus a spare disk containing the Pinbox system.

The machine is running all "real" lamps with one or two exceptions, on Pin 2000 I think they look better as there are quite a few dimming light effects that don't play well with LEDs. Included though is the big bag of LEDs I removed, in case that's more your thing.

It plays really well but as often happens it mainly gathers dust these days so time for it to leave. At some point in it's life it's been to pinballtoys.co.uk as there is a sticker in the coin door from there.

I'll be looking for £3000 for it and it's down in Maidstone (Kent) about 20 mins off the M20. Pics to follow later this week.

Keeping it in one piece is easier for you and probably the buyer, but it depends how Martin feels about delivering it in one piece.

With mine it came in 2 pieces, there were 3 cables and an earth braid to connect.

I did manage to put the backbox on by myself but it would have been much easier with 2 people.

I always move them in 2 bits, just easier and lighter, but you need 2 people really to lift the backbox on. You can do it with one from the back forwards, but its not that easy.

I lifted and fitted the back box on my own once , it very nearly went badly wrong , teetering on the edge and I almost puked with the effort 😂 never again . And this was when I was a younger man 😎That thing is heavier than a neutron star .
CRT? Mine's an LED, I would have zero chance with a CRT.

Yeah …. CRT 😬 Cardiac Resus in Trauma
InShot_20230716_220125673_kindlephoto-861415457.jpg

I went to put my Back box on with crt recently, I lifted it up and thought f that and waited for my mrs to give me a hand😊
I could have done it but not worth the risk of my back and more damage to the rails, looks like someone has already dropped it on going by the dents.
That is seriously heavy with everything in to lift on alone.

I thought the weight of these was being exaggerated until my Phantom Menace got delivered. Ouch.

I want to swap the order of our three cabs at some point … but it’s one of those things that feels like it should be a small job that I can see taking half a day and leaving me in a heap by the end of it.

I didn't get round to taking photos yet and I'm away for most of September. I'll get a proper ad posted once we're back.

Hi Snux is this still for sale?
I'm very interested In buying this.
Many Thanks.

Yeah, it's still going to be going, but still need to take some photos. Won't be long.

Back
Top Bottom