What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Expired Retro Refurbs - Updates & Discounts for SideBlades™, Translites, Cabinet Decals, Mods, Showcase!

Expired Due to no activity
Today's new goodies:

Last Action Hero:

last-action-hero-pinball-sideblades-inner-inside-art-pin-blades-data-east.jpg

Last Action Hero - Dynamite:

last-action-hero-dynamite-pinball-sideblades-inner-inside-art-pin-blades-data-east.jpg

This was the video I watched. Was fairy liquid and water in a bottle sprayed on. Looked like a doddle, and could move them round to your hearts content. Anyone know why this isn't a good idea?

This was the video I watched. Was fairy liquid and water in a bottle sprayed on. Looked like a doddle, and could move them round to your hearts content. Anyone know why this isn't a good idea?

Because like doing it with cabinet decals, it's just not necessary. All you have to do is position them correctly and then peel the backing paper from underneath. Done in seconds, no messing with water bottles, no mess, no wood swelling, no waiting for them to dry etc.

Wet method, with any decals, seems like a silly idea to me. You risk damaging the adhesives and wetting the wood of your pinball cabinet could cause swelling.

Also, in that video above, he had to do wet method becuase both blades come on 1 piece of backing paper which isn't cut like the blades. As soon as you remove them from the backing you have to contend with the sticky side.

I found this video interesting - He is going to use the wet method but changes his mind. He struggles badly with the first side (for about 30 minutes) but then gets the hang of it. Second side goes in fairly smoothly. Either way he makes a great job of it in the end.

Is this the way to do it?

Last edited:
I fitted the stern ghostbusters side blades to mine in a similar fashion. I just used clamps to hold it in place. I lifted the playfield and pushed it as far back as i could, then peeled the front section and stuck it into place, then pulled the playfield more forwards so i could get to the back of the blade to peel, and stick. took around 15mins on my own for the whole job

New inner art blades today for The Simpsons - Data East. The design is intended to compliment the playfield artwork, however the ones made for Stern's The Simpsons Pinball Party will also fit the Data East game, and vice versa.

the-simpsons-pinball-sideblades-inner-inside-art-pin-blades-data-east.jpg

1.jpg

That knife vs Sideblade video is incredible ! :thumbs:

Can we have more 'vs' vids ?? How about a machete, a gladiators trident, or some barbed wire wrapped around a cudgel ? :D

@PeteB ...sent you a PM ;)
How about vs a 9 year old child or a small puppy....both of which are gradually destroying our house that I am trying to put back together

Sorry to hijack this thread but I think my direct messages to you via here and your website must not be getting through as you have not responded to the last two I sent asking for update on my order placed January 23rd for Star Wars decals (at £192 including postage) Pete.

Last I heard from you was message February 5th saying you would be picking them up 6th and posting to me.

Thanks

Andy

Sorry to hijack this thread but I think my direct messages to you via here and your website must not be getting through as you have not responded to the last two I sent asking for update on my order placed January 23rd for Star Wars decals (at £192 including postage) Pete.

Last I heard from you was message February 5th saying you would be picking them up 6th and posting to me.

Thanks

Andy

PM’d you :)

I did post the other day that after seeing"the knife" vid that I thought that does help justify the cost, but bizarrely that post I did has gone awol.
Impressive,tempted now

New today - Rocky & Bullwinkle:

1.jpg

Detail matches the playfield and plastics artwork:

2.jpg

Also, since a few people here have bought SideBlades with the discount code, I'm wondering if everyone has received their orders and installed them yet?

Just received mine this morning :thumbs: Quality is nice! The feel, and finish is just like the genuine Stern ones i fitted to my GB Pro.

I'll get fitting the PotC ones to my IJ4 tonight, and report back :thumbs:

I've just got my first set of these fitted, and they were a breeze to work with. Just like the official stern ones. From getting my tools and pulling the machine out, to putting everything away I was 20mins max. They look great and really brighten up the inside of the machine. Very happy.

A few step by step photos showing the final result:

I thought these potc blades would look good on my Indy
20180215_193645_resize_20180215_202428.jpg
Glass off, and balls out
20180215_193511_resize_20180215_202430.jpg
Play field lifted and blade clamped into place

20180215_194342_resize_20180215_202428.jpg

20180215_194351_resize_20180215_202426.jpg
Backing peeled on the front section and stuck down
20180215_194655_resize_20180215_202425.jpg
Playfield dropped, the last bit of backing peeled them stuck down
20180215_195732_resize_20180215_202422.jpg
Much easier on the stern sam machines with the long supports. Unfortunately not all other machines have long supports like this which makes the job much easier
20180215_195809_resize_20180215_202422.jpg
Rinse and repeat for the second side.
Lower the playfield and admire your handywork

20180215_200045_resize_20180215_202421.jpg

20180215_200503_resize_20180215_202420.jpg

Attachments

• 20180215_194859_resize_20180215_202424.jpg
    20180215_194859_resize_20180215_202424.jpg
    116.7 KB · Views: 70
New SideBlades this week...

Tales From The Crypt:
1.jpg

Tales From The Crypt - Clouds (these match the backboard nicely):
1.jpg

Tales From The Crypt - Graveyard:
1.jpg

Taxi:
1.jpg

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - Green:
1.jpg

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - Red:
1.jpg

Damn it man! As i was installing the blades in the Indy I was only thinking I fancy something for my TFTC too :rolleyes: :thumbs:

Fitted these today - high quality and much easier to fit than I expected.

And they look great! In the words of my wife "They look fantastic" - and she doesn't even play pinball.

They don't look like a mod - they match the existing art so well you'd think it was how the pin shipped

P1010456.JPG
P1010454.JPG

Back
Top Bottom