What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Repinning Connectors in Gottlieb System 1 - Genie

DRD

Registered
Has anyone done this please?

Where do you get the relevant parts ?

Any special tools ? I already have a crimping tool for the regular Bally/ Williams pinned connectors

Pinwiki states they are Molex KK .156 edge connectors.

The boards and connectors in my Genie are just horrendous. Even if I buy a Pascal all in one mpu/ power/ driver board, I still need to repin a lot of connectors.

Thanks

How you getting on with this? The crimps appear standard range to me using the normal crimping too, but not trifurcon for edge as the "wings" would obstruct (no pin to wrap around). The proper Molex flat blade extraction tool seems useful too (some post essential) to reuse the rarer edge housings, perhaps a jewelers screwdriver will ram in but can't see any external access to the retaining tang like on the normal header type.

Hopefully this bump will attract the normal Gottlieb suspects with real life experience:thumbs:

Reactions: DRD
@astyy

I have been too busy to mess with Genie. I have parts coming in from 4 different places and was going to fiddle about with it on Sunday.

I managed to get 1 crimped connector out using a watchmaker's screwdriver but it ruined the latter ! It also took far too much force

Once out, the crimped connectors can be easily filed down with a dremel - but when I can identify the right ones I will just replace them

Do you know what the correct removal tool is called pls ?

Reactions: DRD
Back
Top Bottom