What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Removing scratches from glass ?

Is it a widebody? I have a sheet lying about that I'm trying to get rid of (for free)

Is it a widebody? I have a sheet lying about that I'm trying to get rid of (for free)

Cheers.

No its for my cocktail pin. Finding a replacement would be next to impossible, and getting one custom made I suspect would be big bucks :-o.... it has a masking border around the perimeter ,metal trim and a locking mech attached :rolleyes:

Take it to a proper glazier, I suspect it might not be as pricey as you think. I had the glass replaced on my Robotron and I thought it would be expensive but cost me less than £50

I wouldn't even try and polish it as your liable to put more micro scratches into the glass.

Take it to a proper glazier, I suspect it might not be as pricey as you think. I had the glass replaced on my Robotron and I thought it would be expensive but cost me less than £50

I wouldn't even try and polish it as your liable to put more micro scratches into the glass.

Good to hear.

My main concern is the removing/reattaching the metal trim , the locking mechanism attached to it and the black decal masking border . I'm sure getting the glass cut to the right size shape is doable.

I'll probably do my usual ...and decide I can't really be bothered and leave it :rofl:

Pic .....not my machine

19048426_1.jpg

jewellers rouge / cerium oxide is supposed to work I have bought some off e bay to take scratches off a monitor tube but not tried it yet
its fairly cheap but I would try it on some scrap glass first

Back
Top Bottom