What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rad Cals on TAF

Vimtoman

Site Supporter
OK just put on the Mirco Rad Cals on tmy TAF's back box and I must say that they look stunning.
I've sunken the mounting screws in the backbox and Rad cals over the top.
Really hard to take pictures in my front room as it's pretty darkj so used a flash.
You will see some white marks but this is reflections for other items in the room.
I've done some close ups so that you can see the join to the box.

do you have to cut them or are they a perfect fit
I was pretty impressed at the sizing.
You'd have to be anal if you worry about a 0.5mm as thats all i can feel short at the top.
Width wise it was perfect. Angle wise too.

It's also down to the cab as the Rad cals are accurately cut.

I recessed them. Used a flat wood drill and sunk them into the wood. Only 5mm in ,just enough clear the top.

Are these just stick on over the old ones?
Yep. I had lightly rubbed down the original and cleaned with Iso.
It’s more the corners of cab that interest me. Do they sit flush?
They are flush with the edges. The bottom is slightly short of about 3mm.
You have to add metal leg protector thingies on so they dont really go down to the corners.
There is a 2mm gap around the leg protectors.

Last edited:
I saw this machine first hand yesterday and just blew me away.
Coincidentally I had seen them online but without pictures so I was very pleased to see them for myself and now it’s a no brainer, I will definitely be ordering them for my TAF, the glossy, almost photo quality look of them drew my attention as soon as I walked in the room and I had no idea he had a TAF let alone put these on it prior to walking in.
The fit is exquisite, the corners above the legs are perfect.
Yes, you need to do a small amount of cutting for the start button and shooter housing, and if you don’t recess the bolts then you would need to do them too, but after talking with tatty Addams, he recesses the bolts to apply normal decals so I was already going to do that.
Awesome job Andrew and thanks for your hospitality ?

A few pics from yesterday, pics don’t do it justice but hope you can see how well they fit

Attachments

• 4C0C223F-B4B5-461B-B08E-F00479FD34D8.jpeg
    4C0C223F-B4B5-461B-B08E-F00479FD34D8.jpeg
    77.4 KB · Views: 25
  • F1F0D8C4-60CC-4801-909A-E47884320050.jpeg
    F1F0D8C4-60CC-4801-909A-E47884320050.jpeg
    94.7 KB · Views: 25
  • EAEEBF9C-DB66-4766-B38E-CDFCD36F0442.jpeg
    EAEEBF9C-DB66-4766-B38E-CDFCD36F0442.jpeg
    106.9 KB · Views: 24
I saw this machine first hand yesterday and just blew me away.
Coincidentally I had seen them online but without pictures so I was very pleased to see them for myself and now it’s a no brainer, I will definitely be ordering them for my TAF, the glossy, almost photo quality look of them drew my attention as soon as I walked in the room and I had no idea he had a TAF let alone put these on it prior to walking in.
The fit is exquisite, the corners above the legs are perfect.
Yes, you need to do a small amount of cutting for the start button and shooter housing, and if you don’t recess the bolts then you would need to do them too, but after talking with tatty Addams, he recesses the bolts to apply normal decals so I was already going to do that.
Awesome job Andrew and thanks for your hospitality ?

Good to meet you Tony and the misses, thanks for the pin ,well chuffed.
Next time I'm up your way will buzz ya.

Good to meet you Tony and the misses, thanks for the pin ,well chuffed.
Next time I'm up your way will buzz ya.
Thankyou, and you too, she really liked your TZ and I’m still gobsmacked, I never thought she would like that in a million years lol.
You’re more than welcome to come over anytime ?

Back
Top Bottom