What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Quietn RSP-500-48 Fan

Marcel

Site Supporter
Has anyone tried this hack and is there anyone providing them in th UK?

Has anyone tried this hack and is there anyone providing them in th UK?

I got one at Pinfest off @David retro. The difference is amazing.

It's not a hack, it works great for reducing the ghastly noise.

If you're able to change a connector yourself there's much cheaper options out there...

It's not a hack, it works great for reducing the ghastly noise.

If you're able to change a connector yourself there's much cheaper options out there...

Am I reading this right, just pull the original fan and solder wires using original plug? Then make it screw on?

Am I reading this right, just pull the original fan and solder wires using original plug? Then make it screw on?
Yeah, also you need different screws (slightly larger diameter) to fix it. Can use zip ties if you're feeling adventurous...

There's a little cutting of some gunk holding the wires for the original fan which has to be done carefully, but even as ham-fisted as I am, I managed it safely

I installed and bjg diff it's a bit fiddly
Personally cut the gunk carefully with a Stanley blade (fiddly part)and tucked
New harness wire inside the gunk that I sliced

I installed and bjg diff it's a bit fiddly
Personally cut the gunk carefully with a Stanley blade (fiddly part)and tucked
New harness wire inside the gunk that I sliced
Thanks Chaggers, I saw the Pinside thread on DOY job and had wondered how to deal with the gunk, it seems you've just answered that for me ta:)

Fitted this today, 15 mins max and what a pleasant difference. Had pinball on all night for ambient lighting, only heard the dog fart over the telly when usually the dog was drowned out by GZ fan👌

Back
Top Bottom