What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Question for any Data East Star Wars owners ...

BomberHQ

Site Supporter
Alias
Bomber
Im refurbing what is basically a stock DESW for a friend of friend. It hasnt been touched for over 20 years, so I believe the Death Star is original:
Death Star.jpg
This is 3 layers of paint - all on the inside. The first is black over part of the inside. This has been cleaned (whilst wet I imagine) to leave the raised vertical and horizontal lines exposed.
The whole inside has then been painted grey, and then finished in black (as can be seen in the last photo).

Has anyone seen this on another Death Star? All the ones Ive seen on here and on Pinside have been grey. Maybe it was a trial to look like its under construction, but was too much effort to do 3 layers.

I plan to to do the mod Ive seen on here to expose the lines and have the lamps inside light it up ... lots of photos to come on the shop log, but Im under pressure to get it back to him for Xmas, so itll be a couple of weeks!
1701647508415.png

Back
Top Bottom