What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Quality of Parts

Andypc

Registered
Just wanted to start a general discussion about the quality of replacement parts. Obviously replacement parts are the life blood of keeping pinballs going or restoring them to their former glory, but I have been shocked over my 18 months in the hobby at the huge variance in quality. I am currently on my fifth restore so it's fair to say I have had to ordered a quite a lot of parts. The quality of many have been amazing and as good as the original parts or in some cases better, but unfortunately some have been shockingly bad! I am amazed at how many times I have had to re-order parts to get a part of the right quality.

Please respect this is not meant to name or shame anyone, but more just to understand others experience. An example I have just ordered a couple of plastics for my Indiana Jones from a respected European site and one was great with perfect colour match and the other was just awful (blurry and really poor colour match). So it's not even as simple as sticking to using the respected sites.

It's just how things are, the longer you have been in the hobby helps to know who to order from and who not to.
I'd just like to say that the UK Pinball suppliers buy from the correct resources in the US so the parts they supply are of Top quality and I have never had to return anything bought from the UK guys.
Buy from and support the UK guys who supply pin parts with confidence.

It's just how things are, the longer you have been in the hobby helps to know who to order from and who not to.
I'd just like to say that the UK Pinball suppliers buy from the correct resources in the US so the parts they supply are of Top quality and I have never had to return anything bought from the UK guys.
Buy from and support the UK guys who supply pin parts with confidence.
New to the hobby myself, so is there any chance of listing the UK pinball part suppliers for future reference, please.

pinball.center are the worst. They sell junk.

I am very very careful buying from them these days - bought a cliffy that wasn't a cliffy - it was shockingly bad. And other stuff has been poor and that is being polite.

No one makes cliffy's like cliff - so be careful buying if they are not the real deal. He hand files every single one.

No wonder he is snowed under at the moment!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom