What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Purchased a TAF & TZ

I think I will strip the playfield down and judge what to do next.
New playfield is something I've thought about but if the playfield I have is Ok then makes sense using it.

I can hook you up a book case base if it’s cracked mate. Pm me your address

Defo mate. If the playfield is ok then clean it and play it. I was going to repair my mansion inserts with decals but when I stripped it, the reality of the scale of the wear was worse than I thought. The deciding factor for me was when a cliffy wouldn’t cover the battered chair scoop wear.

I can hook you up a book case base if it’s cracked mate. Pm me your address

Defo mate. If the playfield is ok then clean it and play it. I was going to repair my mansion inserts with decals but when I stripped it, the reality of the scale of the wear was worse than I thought. The deciding factor for me was when a cliffy wouldn’t cover the battered chair scoop wear.

Thanks @Spandangler . It's the upright bit that the sign hangs onto thats bust. The round bit looks ok. Cant see them for sale other than a yellow one on ebay.

I have removed Mylar from a fish tales using the freeze method and it worked really well.
It’s not as scarey as it sounds as long as you get the Mylar properly frozen.
You will need some isopropanol alcohol or similar to get rid of the glue afterwards.

I have removed Mylar from a fish tales using the freeze method and it worked really well.
It’s not as scarey as it sounds as long as you get the Mylar properly frozen.
You will need some isopropanol alcohol or similar to get rid of the glue afterwards.

How does the playfield shine up? Did you place any mylar back on? I was thinking of a few places where the ball drops and maybe leave the bumper area as is.

I guess your going to clean with Iso before placing it? I noticed online someone sayig they placed it over the waxing? so that it was easier to remove.
Not sure if thats a good idea.

I would've thought it would make more sense for the playfield protector to "adhere" (as in statically) to the playfield rather than it floating above a waxed surface. There is after all a little bit of tolerance in it.

I'm going to remove the mylar and glue.
Polish then clean the areas for new mylar with iso then polish again.

Well the TAF arrived from germany yesterday. In one piece :)
They packaged it well and no breakages.
It's pretty dirty and not been cleaned for a long long time.
Spent a few hours just sorting out errors on switches and replaced the cab speaker. So now has sound.
All working.
A broken bookcase,a broken decal and one TZ decal .
A small bit of bare wood at the Things area.
Mylar bubbles on the house section.
Missing topper
But overall the playfield looks pretty good.
Pictures below.

A topper is on e.bay £50 worth a look

Well have blown the last of my money on importing two TZ's from Italy.
The TAF was a great purchase but these from Italy pound for pound were not.
Both have arrived and looks like I've overspent on these due to the recent sales on here and ebay.
Both work bar clock issues and both need cleaning up etc.
I'm keeping one and selling the other.
I will use the parts from one to make one for sale and then use the money from that to finish the second.

I will post the sale on the forum but I guess what I will be asking for it will not be what a forum member would want to pay.
So it will probably end up on Ebay.

Not sure how long this is going to take as work has kicked.

Recent developments in the B word have lowered the Pound even further against the Euro, and until that changes I don't know how many genuine bargains will be found abroad.

I did alright on my TAF and it sounds like you did too, but TAF is in a market of its own to some extent - it is dangerous to compare other pins to it in terms of return on investment.

TAF is also relatively "simple" in terms of mechs and things that can go wrong, whereas TZ is the polar opposite.

Depending on what's wrong with your clock - I have all of the parts that I removed from mine when I put an Ingo board in, including the fully working board itself, if you get stuck.

Thankd @Durzel Thats really good of you to offer.
I think I can fix the clocks. Not really much on them :)
Will probably buy an Ingo for mine later.

Caught out by the euro at the wrong time plus the bank transfer fees.

Back
Top Bottom